DROID LOCK OUT!! going out of my mind!

Lauriehere

Reaction score
I have read all the different ways everyone is posting for like 3 hours... Call your phone, hit the home button.. didnt work. I could wipe out my entire phone and delete everything...what a choice that is?
This all is really aggravating it cant be with the this difficult? Can it? Gmail refusing my username/password?
Yeah, Not happy....
Help anyone?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have read all the different ways everyone is posting for like 3 hours... Call your phone, hit the home button.. didnt work. I could wipe out my entire phone and delete everything...what a choice that is?
This all is really aggravating it cant be with the this difficult? Can it? Gmail refusing my username/password?
Yeah, Not happy....
Help anyone?

1st off, as a safety precation.. could someone have figured out your account, changed the password and now using your google info?

What were you doing when this happened?

OP
Lauriehere

Lauriehere

Reaction score
I did it! arrg... I put in my code twice 5 times and then it locked me out saying i did it toooo many times, then asked me to enter my google info, and it wont take my username/ password.
bummer.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd have to say a Hard Reset was in order.. don't take my word for it though.

Spoke to someone from Verizon this morning and found out how to hard reset. Turn phone off, open the keyboard and press x while pressing the power button until you see a triangle with a yellow exclamation point appear. Press the camera button and the volume up button simultaneously until you get a data menu. Using the 5-way pad, scroll down to data reset and click with the D pad. When it is finished resetting, power off and then up again.

I found that on the internet by the way. I didn't speak to Verizon this morning.

OP
Lauriehere

Lauriehere

Reaction score
Hahaha, yes, thanks... I found that also... sounds pretty darn crappy to me. Your entire phone info, pics, contacts, apps, everything gone in a blink. I donno, You would think by now they would have a good system in place. Far too many people are having this problem. It wouldnt be that bad if google would actually work.. but I think that goes down when the Droid does?
Thanks for you time though :)
Im about to stomp on my Droid!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So you're saying that you are entering your GMail addy and the password, but it says incorrect??
Are you sure that the password is being entered correctly?
Do you have a backup in some sort of recovery?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hahaha, yes, thanks... I found that also... sounds pretty darn crappy to me. Your entire phone info, pics, contacts, apps, everything gone in a blink. I donno, You would think by now they would have a good system in place. Far too many people are having this problem. It wouldnt be that bad if google would actually work.. but I think that goes down when the Droid does?
Thanks for you time though :)
Im about to stomp on my Droid!

That is a good system in place...lol... kept 'you' out didn't it??....lol
contacts and apps can be restored... and your pics should all be onb your SDCard.... so what's the big wahanui??:)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, yes, thanks... I found that also... sounds pretty darn crappy to me. Your entire phone info, pics, contacts, apps, everything gone in a blink.

Well, not all are gone. Things like pictures and music on the sd card will still be there. Also, when the phone sychs up with Google, your contacts will return.

The bummer is installing your apps. You won't have to pay for them again and they'll be in your Downloads part of the Market. Most of the free ones you installed should be there too. For me, several free ones were missing.

If you had the Apps Brain app installed then you'll have a list of what you had and can reinstall them from there.

OP
Lauriehere

Lauriehere

Reaction score
mmmmm? I went onto google on the computer and its not even taking my user name and password! trying to figure that one out. But back up? ummmm... i have no clue, what would that be? sorry... :huh:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
mmmmm? I went onto google on the computer and its not even taking my user name and password! trying to figure that one out. But back up? ummmm... i have no clue, what would that be? sorry... :huh:
Obviously you aren't rooted... but arew you sure you're entering your gmail acct amd password correctly?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It should work on the computer. Can you do the "forgot password" thing on the comp and have them reset it or email it to you?

OP
Lauriehere

Lauriehere

Reaction score
wow, On google itself I cannot even get on. So my problems seem to be growing... Yeah, I have it correct, I only had an account for the phone the day I signed up. Ive never used it. It can't go inactive.. this sucks. FML!
Any other suggestions? haha I think I have to crush it.

OP
Lauriehere

Lauriehere

Reaction score
OK SOOOOOOOOOOOOO, my 20 year old daughter came home, whom has the saame damn phone... and just fixed my problem. Wanna know how???
I was putting in the username @GMAIL.COM..... DONT DO THIS!!!!! FIVE HOURS LATER!!!
Yeah, I had no clue you didnt have to put in the @......
Thanks guys! I really mean it.. phew..my phones back, no crash.. I feel stupid? Yes.. thats ok.:icon_eek:

OP
Lauriehere

Lauriehere

Reaction score
hahaha did you see my fix...omg!! five hours later 2 min. fix damn!