Please help! Locked out of Droid!

NPTran23

Reaction score
Okay so my child took my phone and played the guessing game with my droid till he could no more. It then required the main gmail account's username and password, I entered it in several times with no avail. So I tried turning it off and on, battery pulling, etc. Also note that I have the 2.1 update so the "call fix" won't work. I want to do a factory reset but I have unread texts which I'm worried will be gone if I do so, will the texts be sent once again? Or will they be gone forever? Thanks.

bomber889

Reaction score
If you call yourself, and quickly press the "home" button a few times, you should be able to get onto the home screen, read the texts, do whatever you want, and then change your lock pattern.

OP
N

NPTran23

Reaction score
how do I call myself if I'm locked out of my phone?

quadjacks

Reaction score
Okay so my child took my phone and played the guessing game with my droid till he could no more. It then required the main gmail account's username and password, I entered it in several times with no avail. So I tried turning it off and on, battery pulling, etc. Also note that I have the 2.1 update so the "call fix" won't work. I want to do a factory reset but I have unread texts which I'm worried will be gone if I do so, will the texts be sent once again? Or will they be gone forever? Thanks.
If all else fails! All new data will remain new and resent until read!

Getting back to stock (SBF method):

You will need to have RSD Lite installed to flash the stock 2.01 sbf file for Motorola Droid.

Download the following file:
  1. Connect your phone to the PC via USB and turn it off then while your phone is booting hold up on the DPAD.
  2. Run RSD Lite 4.6 as Administrator (For all you Vista and 7 folks out there. If you are using XP you may not need to run as Administrator)
  3. If your phone is not displayed in the "model" column you may need to do the following:
    1. Select the "config" option from the upper left corner of the tool
    2. Select DeviceId Options
    3. Select one of the two options available. By default neither are chosen, and my phone shows up fine with neither one selected.
  4. Click the [...] next to the filename box and browse to where you saved the .sbf file you want to use and double click the .sbf file.
  5. Hit start and below it should give you completion progress.
  6. Your phone will reboot and you will be on a stock 2.01 phone with no root installed.
Credit to ikithme for the original post, Unroot/Unbrick your phone using .sbf, which I've altered slightly here.

You now are on a stock phone, unrooted, just like when you first got your phone. You can apply the OTA (over the air) update files to get to the current version.

OP
N

NPTran23

Reaction score
I tried calling from my home phone but it doesn't let me press the home button, so if I wanted to factory reset (I hope the unread texts come back to me) how would I do it?

OP
N

NPTran23

Reaction score
Just tried, it went back to the gmail username and password screen. Does anyone know how to reset it so that I can go back in?

drivinfocused

Reaction score
you have tried your username and password? making SURE they are enterd correctly? i guess i have not had or seen that problem.......... ok what about this..... when you are in the call push the home button and go into the menu>location&security>lock pattern? remember not to end the call just hit the home button

OP
N

NPTran23

Reaction score
I have already repeated many times that I'm on the 2.1 update. There's no way to go back or to go home with that update. And I don't mind having to erase everything, I just want to be able to read my unread texts after resetting.

OP
N

NPTran23

Reaction score
And yes, I'm positive my Gmail username and password are correct, if I'm able to check my email on my computer, why wouldn't it be?

quadjacks

Reaction score
I have already repeated many times that I'm on the 2.1 update. There's no way to go back or to go home with that update. And I don't mind having to erase everything, I just want to be able to read my unread texts after resetting.
You have to power off, then while holding the UP direction on the dpay, ppower up, holding both until the screen lights up a little, you are now in the correct mode to flash SBF stock 2.1 using the RSD Light app.