Fascinate locked out

Unknown_User

Reaction score
Have an issue with my Samsung Fascinate. All of a sudden the phone is locked, saying that too many pattern attempts and is now asking for the gmail user name and password. However I know my gmail user name and password but the Fascinate is saying invalid username or password.

I am able to log into my gmail acct from a desktop computer, but the Fascinate doesn't seem to recognize the gmail user name and password. I tried to do a hard reset but the odd part is that it pulls up to the screen were it's asking gmail username and password after doing the hard reset.

This is the 2nd time that this has happened to me. 1st time had to go to VZW and even they couldn't figure it out, they tried a hard reset and same thing happens it goes straight to the unlock screen asking for gmail username and password. So they ended up replacing it out, but now it's doing it a second time. Anyone here might now why it's doing this, and if something like this has happened. Is there a fix for this?

Awesomus Prime

Reaction score
Try this

Try creating a new gmail and logging in with that. Also it wouldnt hurt to try another factory reset. If all else fails get a new phone. Good luck. :)

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Verizon should have a lemon policy available for you

8pened!

Djay

Reaction score
I think i posted this before on here, but if you make a call to the device and while in call hit the home key, then go to settings and then privacy then format the phone. Or you can try going to accounts & sync and quickly resync your gmail and erase other accounts if you have some on there then, lock your phone again then re-enter your gmail and it should work without loosing data