Phone Locked Out & Standard Workarounds Not Working

BlueLyric

Reaction score
Using a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, my work exchange e-mail prompted a security update which required me to put either a PIN or password. Initially, I put in a password, was not comfortable with it, so changed to a PIN. Later in the day, I changed it to a password. When I went to unlock my phone that afternoon, the last password I had input was not working to unlock the phone. Trying everything to unlock/get into the phone without doing a hard factory reset.

The phone is connected to my Google/gmail account. I was able to make a test remote download (I used my PC to download Pandora app remotely to my phone). However, after more than 250 failed attempts to input the password, the phone is not giving me the option to select "Forgot Password" to input my Google username and password.
Found out my work's Exchange policy overrides the Google username/password backdoor workaround. Also, the "Screen Lock Bypass" app is not compatible with the Droid Razr Maxx and I'm not able to purchase it remotely from Google Play.

IT department attempted to "recover a device password" but the option is there, but not available. So then, they attempted to remove my device from the Exchange all together, in hopes that after I soft-flash/reset my phone, I'd be able to re-enter my password with 5 failed attempts and then it would now allow me to enter my Google username and password. Is that possible and would doing that "release" the security override and re-open the Google backdoor help? Or is the typo-password input into the device and not connected to the Exchange? Or does it have something to do with the Active Sync?

Saw something about being able to bypass a pattern lock screen using ADB, provided the phone has USB Debugging activated. Could I possibly use/change that ADB script to bypass the password lock screen (provided my phone had USB Debugging activated)? I'm okay with hacking in and trying, b/c what's the worse that will happen? I have to hard reset the phone? (I'm pretty much almost at the point, right?)

Just checking before I relegate myself to losing my data: are there any other apps out that are compatible with the Droid Razr Maxx, that do what "Screen Lock Bypass" does? Anything more I can do within my work's Exchange and ActiveSync?

Feedback and help is GREATLY appreciated!