Droid Incredible Root Soon Awaits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I added a 3rd line and got the Droid Incredible today. I am coming from a rooted Droid CM OC'd at 900 Mhz. I really really like the DI. I have 30 days to go back to Droid. Looking forward to seeing root for this. so far fine as is.
Don't worry you won't be doing that!!!!!!!

OP
G

GodDriven

Reaction score
great news. i bought this phone with the sole purpose of tryin to get CM on it.... look forward to the challenge[/QUOTE]

Hey.. I see that not many noticed.. Here is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing we need.. The HTC Incredible Source.. For the Kernal and Etc..

http://member.america.htc.com/download/RomCode/Source_and_Binaries/incrediblec_cc1c2268.tar.bz2 Hopefully this can help us.. Let's get to rootin' time..

Last edited:

Acid7711

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to a battery meter that's more accurate than 10% increments. Maybe that can be achieved with this one.

dephtones

Reaction score
My battery is accurate. I've been using it for 2 days straight without charging it once and I'm only in the yellow. And that's using Android Market, messing with widgets, changing wallpapers, adding ringtones and generally messing with the phone. ;)

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
patiently awaiting

I too was using a moto droid rooted, overclocked @ 1100mhz, I think the droid was more stable running the home I preffer to run. I love Sweeter home 2. [yes now it likes to crash from time to time]. There is no othere like it. I can take the time to build my own layout, or download one others made then edit it up to my liking. I haven't been able to really try building my own on the DI. It crashes more when editing on here than it did on my droid.

I wish I could use htc's widgets with sweeter home 2 since most of htc's are full page widgets. I could link certain one's to a button saying say friendstream and have it popup ontop of the rest not using up an entire page itself, like there favorites, and weather. You get the idea. I find the battery meter to be ok, just the battery itself drains so fast. I knew it would from the specs but didn't think itd be this bad. I do plan on getting a larger battery soon.

Im currently hoping since I cant use there widgets I can uninstall them once I have root. I think they maybe whats causing SH2 to crash so much cause once it crashes I use System panel to shut all I can then I go back to editing for a while. I can sometimes editing for 20 or so minutes before it happens. On my droid I could go a halfhour sometimes more once I overclocked. Sorry to rant. Just kindof wish I waited a bit longer to get the DI since running SH2 and my home the way I like I think the droid was just as fast. Yes at stock speed it was much slower, but still was more stable. This is my honest opinion not saying everyones runs like mine.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I see little reason to root the DI....

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

blu1080

Reaction score
i am also curious about the root status! it would be nice to be able to take a screenshot again! im surprised there isnt a way without root.....oh well:)

Weapondrift

Reaction score
I am checking with Koush.. Cyanogen.. Paul@MoDoCo.. and etc.. Remember guys, things changed from when I made my first post.. Paul and I thought this was possible, until, we saw we needed a Test RUU with keys.. Not a released one.. So yes, My apologies.. but.. It's an honest one..

hey GD are you still looking for a test RUU for the incredible or did you find one?

boostdscoob

Reaction score
root is a neccessity for all the development, and hacking we see here.
theres no reason a phone should be locked. we should be able to do whatever we like to them, once we buy em..
and they should all be as noob/brickproof as the droid was.

M

Matth3w

Subscribing. I'm going to get the incredible after its rooted and available for tether. I wasn't going to but it seems there is no chance of the iphone coming to verizon anytime soon but I want the wifi tether for my ipad.

boostdscoob

Reaction score
hopefully these files can help someone figure something out..
i found among these files, whitelist, _dev, etc.. tons of files that have to be able to help the ubersmart. also included is the OTA update, that wrote something to recovery(possibly the whole recovery.
figured might be somewhat useful..
bunch of zips inside the main zip.. unzip for the actual folder

Incredible files

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.