Droid Incredible Root Soon Awaits

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matth3w

Anywhere else to get news? This sub-forum is dead. I want an incredible but not until I can tether it for my iPad.

ExactDroid

Reaction score
I have been watching and listening to several sites and it seems everyone is in a standstill until they get what is needed to do this... kind of strange that nobody has cracked it yet though....

It could also be due to the low number of phones out there as well.....

M

Matth3w

What do they need? Anything I could do by buying the phone and sending them something?

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Many including myself have offered to even send them my phone wont help anything. so its a waiting game till 2.2 comes out I guess.

Keep hearing they need to get something that gets pushed to the phone not sure why. just what I read.

Last edited:

givmedew

Reaction score
Why 2.2?....
I think he may be referring to possible exploits through updates however I haven't been reading up on this I do miss my wifi tether however I can live without it.

As to what someone was saying about the phone should be open to begin with I definitely understand why these things are locked down so well. Verizon needs to control the cost of data and traffic so they don't end up in the same situation as ATT with huge network issues caused primarily from high usage iPhones.

Also there can be some security risks for other applications and data as the Authenticator Application that Blizzard uses warns that since your phone is rooted security could be compromised.

M

Matth3w

Well my phone is my primary source of internet on my iPad when traveling with no WiFi access point, or places like airports that charge for WiFi, so it's a dealbreaker for me. And I refuse to pay 30 bucks a month for an iPad data plan that goes through AT&T. If it went through Verizon I would pick up the 3G version as would my wife. As of right now though we both only have the 64GB WiFi-only models.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well my phone is my primary source of internet on my iPad when traveling with no WiFi access point, or places like airports that charge for WiFi, so it's a dealbreaker for me. And I refuse to pay 30 bucks a month for an iPad data plan that goes through AT&T. If it went through Verizon I would pick up the 3G version as would my wife. As of right now though we both only have the 64GB WiFi-only models.
icredible has usb tether... maybe that works??

mrdroid

Reaction score
I see little reason to root the DI....

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Android without root is useless for so many that need to VPN to their company. Android is complete fail for not including a Cisco capable VPN client. That is the ONLY reason I root my Droid and I'll get an Incredible as soon as root is available.

imthefrizzlefry

Reaction score
Android without root is useless for so many that need to VPN to their company. Android is complete fail for not including a Cisco capable VPN client. That is the ONLY reason I root my Droid and I'll get an Incredible as soon as root is available.

The built in VPN software (L2TP/IPSec CRT VPN) works fine with Cisco equipment... I don't see how root is needed for VPN services.

M

Matth3w

Wireless tether is very important to some. I hate when people make a broad stroke and say there is no need

imthefrizzlefry

Reaction score
Wireless tether is very important to some. I hate when people make a broad stroke and say there is no need

It seems you missed the point of my post entirely. I said nothing about rooting as a whole. I would not be on this forum if I didn't want to root my device. If you read my post, I was very clear that it wasn't needed to create a VPN into Cisco equipment.

Wifi Tether would be nice. At the moment, I need to put my phone into debug mode in order to tether it to my laptop because I use Linux; however if we have to wait for Froyo to get root, then at that point you won't need root for wifi tethering either.

M

Matth3w

Well i wasn't referring to you, but since you brought it up, why won't we need root with 2.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.