Droid commercials During BOWL GAMES

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
man, i don't think ive ever seen so many commercials to push a cellphone... i'm so happy i made this decision (DROID).. as a marketing guy it does my heart proud to see a REAL STRONG campaign even in this economy.. this is how you Prove to the public that you are serious about your product...

this is the main reason why nexus non will not make a serious dent in Droid momentum... as a former tmobile customer.. this is not the kind of phone for their clientel they love to text... they won't like the non keyboard.. and i know they won't put the millions behind it... i could be wrong but we'll see..

OP
S

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah... i would drop more IDON'T commercials.. iphone users are starting to realize what they can't do.. lol

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah... i would drop more IDON'T commercials.. iphone users are starting to realize what they can't do.. lol
Or confront AT&T for the last time and say VZW is comparing it's 3G network with their puny 3G network and stop trying to confuse their AT&T sheep about the truth.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

What's funny about that statement is. I just had an IPhone user at work. tell me how his phone is less and less attractive to him after playing with my Droid :)

droidilac

Reaction score

What's funny about that statement is. I just had an IPhone user at work. tell me how his phone is less and less attractive to him after playing with my Droid :)

Lmao this happened to me at work all day long. I can't go to lunch without somebody asking me if they can see my phone. Even the iPhone owners are ammused by it.

One of my friends even told me "I need to get a Droid it does everything." :icon_ banana::)

LordKastle

Reaction score
earlier someone posted a link stating how Motorola was planning on producing a Superbowl ad for the Droid....not sure since it is directly Motorola if that will be separate from the Verizon style or if they will be working together on the ad.

Slothead

Reaction score

Lmao this happened to me at work all day long. I can't go to lunch without somebody asking me if they can see my phone. Even the iPhone owners are ammused by it.

One of my friends even told me "I need to get a Droid it does everything." :icon_ banana::)

I have and use both and so far the iPhone does a whole lot more and is much easier to use. I'm hoping that the Droid gets it stuff together quickly because I much prefer Verizon's network over the AT&T network.

LordKastle

Reaction score
I no doubt disagree with the latter post and you are talking to someone who opposes Google's infiltration of the Android OS..

The Android OS on a device is like a mini-computer. The iPhone is nothing more than a slave to its surroundings. It's limited to what Apple allows.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have and use both and so far the iPhone does a whole lot more and is much easier to use. I'm hoping that the Droid gets it stuff together quickly because I much prefer Verizon's network over the AT&T network.

you are one of the few out there. The IPhone may be more "user friendly" but in no way does it do more

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What "more" does an iPhone do? I've never owned one so I can't compare the two fairly.

better 3d games. and the virtual keyboard has multitouch.

On the games the device has been out 3 years. It's goona be better for now.

Multitouch has in no way stopped me from doing anything on the Droid. I guess that's why they have 32 flavors though :)

Slothead

Reaction score
you are one of the few out there. The IPhone may be more "user friendly" but in no way does it do more
I wouldn't say it is more user friendly. Apple left "user friendly" in the backroom years ago (now it is just confusing). It may have more dynamic functionality, but from what I have found the apps haven't yet been created to make use of it. That is what I am waiting for. As an example I would like a guitar tuner that works as well as the one I have on my iPhone, but what I have found for the Droid is next to worthless. I would also like to see the MUG apps for the Nikon D5000, D300, D300S too, but they aren't here yet. It's also entirely possible that I am looking in the wrong places.

LordKastle

Reaction score
No offense but did you really say that Apple years ago left user-friendly in the back room? I own a Macbook and have used the iPhone but never owned it. Both are extremely straight forward [especially the iPhone] with a huge margin of error for any type of user. Android allows for much more customization and acts like a real mini computer rather than just a shove-down-your throat of what Apple decides to gives you. Apple's device gives the user only access to apps and not the OS as a whole.

I know it's nothing to tip your hat on but I prefer the real mini computer OS set-up of Android rather than Apple's lay it out in front of you style on their phone. I hope their 4G phone changes this up a bit and allows for more access...and if it ever comes to Verizon then I would consider it.