Droid Boot Logo Changer now Available!

onsht1kll

Reaction score
For those looking to do it on the OG Droid, its not that difficult to do, there are a couple of threads floating around with instructions on how to do it. Just make a backup and give it a go. Its really not bad as long as you read the instructions beforehand

Yeah i use root explorer to do it but the nice thing about the app is having all those boot animations at your fingertips . .otherwise its searching through ROMs or forums to find ones you like

k9nikita

Reaction score
can't figure out what's going on, downloaded, found the one i wanted tried to flash but keep getting an error? using droid 2 rooted

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I put it on my Droid X, as soon as I got home and it works fine. The utterly *repulsive* boot animation was the first thing I got rid of when I rooted, a couple of weeks ago, so now I'm happy! :)

-Mike

Reaction score
Changing the boot logo is something I don't know that I would ever even notice.

Are you re-booting your phone that much?

Sent from my DROIDX

pyro6128

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

If you're rooted and try out different roms, make backups of your system, or use either sprecovery or clockwork at all, then yea, you reboot often. Pretty much anything you do on your phone besides basic operation requires a reboot.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

Sent from my DROIDX

If you're rooted and try out different roms, make backups of your system, or use either sprecovery or clockwork at all, then yea, you reboot often. Pretty much anything you do on your phone besides basic operation requires a reboot.

Pyro is right - those of us who are obsessed with roms and themes are constantly rebooting, so yeah, I was constantly seeing the unattractive Motorola "M". For some reason, the one that came installed on the DX was even uglier that the one on my original Droid. The one on the D1 was just bland - black & white, while the one on the DX just looked plain *dirty*...for lack of a better word to describe it. I'm quite happy to have choices now. :)

-Mike

hAHAha_Halo

Reaction score
It's NOT available for Droid 1?
come on..
I'm on a 2 year plan.
Not a 2 month plan.
Why can't this be like the Game Consoles? Where all they do is release a new console every few years, and then constantly update them?

MJ5150

Reaction score
Aww that kinda sucks. I liked that it was a little difficult to do so everyone couldn't have it. Everything is getting so easy now. I guess I'm just being selfish though haha

Seriously. I remember struggling to make my own boot logo, then fighting RSDLite and SBF files to learn how to do this. Too easy now.

Slackers. :D

-Mike

Reaction score
Pyro is right - those of us who are obsessed with roms and themes are constantly rebooting, so yeah, I was constantly seeing the unattractive Motorola "M". For some reason, the one that came installed on the DX was even uglier that the one on my original Droid. The one on the D1 was just bland - black & white, while the one on the DX just looked plain *dirty*...for lack of a better word to describe it. I'm quite happy to have choices now. :)
-Mike

For sure - I totally understand. I think I did some mods to my old RAZR that no one but myself ever knew about. I learned to keep them to myself - People are generally unimpressed when I would show them that I had changed the AT&T logo or modified the boot animation.

:)

jjq224

Reaction score
Question...

I have the R2-D2 Droid 2 (rooted, of course). Will this only remove the "M" at the beginning of the phone boot or will it also remove the "Star Wars" and "R2-D2" that come up after the "M" appears? I'd love to turn the "M" into a Star Wars related picture, but keep the rest of the boot animation.

Thanks in advance!

R2D2-01-june.gif

Sent from my personal R2-D2 Droid using DroidForums App

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Question...

I have the R2-D2 Droid 2 (rooted, of course). Will this only remove the "M" at the beginning of the phone boot or will it also remove the "Star Wars" and "R2-D2" that come up after the "M" appears? I'd love to turn the "M" into a Star Wars related picture, but keep the rest of the boot animation.

Thanks in advance!

R2D2-01-june.gif

Sent from my personal R2-D2 Droid using DroidForums App

On my Droid X, the only thing it changed was removing the "M" at the very beginning and replacing it with a static picture I chose from the list. It left my cusom boot animation alone.

-Mike

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Why can't this be like the Game Consoles? Where all they do is release a new console every few years, and then constantly update them?

Because the hardware is constantly increasing in power. In a couple years phone technology will stabilize, and then customer support will take on an increased role. Until then - hold on.

djakrse

Reaction score
Original Droid users fret no more

Changing the Droid 1's 'M' boot logo to anything you want is still easy, and free. Create a BMP with 480x182 dimensions (24bit) and then use Shibbey's http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/91243-droid-1-boot-logo-generator.html to create an SBF, which can then be flashed to your phone with RSDLite (available at the above link.)

Use MotoCache1's tutorial 'http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/73579-using-rsd-lite-flash-sbf-file-correctly.html' to install the boot logo. Don't worry about the length of this tutorial. The process only takes seconds. (MC1 is very thorough.) :)

If you can't get a grasp on doing it yourself, then there are a couple of guys making them for others at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/81766-custom-boot-logos-who-wants-one.html.