Droid Boot Logo Changer now Available!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid-boot-loader.png

The Droid lineup is all about customization and now it's even easier with the new Droid Boot Logo Changer. The new app gives you the ability to quickly change the Motorola "M" start up screen to a custom logo or select from over 120 built-in with new images daily (including DroidForums.net and DroidXForums.com Logos - Thanks P3!)

* Works only with the Droid X, Droid 2, Droid Pro,
* Requires Root Access

For more information visit: MyDroidWorld - Droid Boot Logo Changer App in the Market or download it from the app market here:

dbl.png

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
saw this the other day.. Just bought it. another great item from p3.. for those of you wondering on price it only .99

pyro6128

Reaction score
Aww that kinda sucks. I liked that it was a little difficult to do so everyone couldn't have it. Everything is getting so easy now. I guess I'm just being selfish though haha

AceDROID

Reaction score
it sucks that it's not available for Droid 1... things are starting to be a downfall to having the original Droid..

AceDROID

Reaction score
I am currently making a nandroid backup and gonna attempt using it, I'll report back my findings! if it screws up, restoring and we will know for sure!

AceDROID

Reaction score
So I tried it, it said it was successful, but after a reboot, it showed the stock motorola m logo. Unfortunately.. one can only hope that support for the original droid soon follows =/

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

crackedvenom

Reaction score
i find it weird that they made it for all the others but not the original.

onsht1kll

Reaction score
it sucks that it's not available for Droid 1... things are starting to be a downfall to having the original Droid..

I hear ya .. but there is still not enough available for the D2 to make me switch .. eventually they will run out of D1s and they'll replace them with D2s anyway! ;)

onsht1kll

Reaction score
So I tried it, it said it was successful, but after a reboot, it showed the stock motorola m logo. Unfortunately.. one can only hope that support for the original droid soon follows =/

I cant seeing it be that much different .. i would think it would be easier to port .. i would imagine all it is is a scripted root explorer just moving files into the right folder? I know the folders and setup are different between the D1 and D2 .. probably why it didnt work .. D2 also supports audio

ballmore

Reaction score
I bought this app last night but then realised what Droid w/e meant. (world edition)
BUMMER
I hope that somebody makes something like this for the O.G. droids. :blackdroid:

ballmore

Reaction score
I forgot....I tried it last night anyways and it didn't work. The good thing is that it didn't crash my phone either. My droid just booted up like normal. That gives me hope that someone can get this to work on the O.G.s :blackdroid:

B.Wallace85

Reaction score
I get to see the Lakers logo every time I turn on my Droid X?!? *sheds tear*

pyro6128

Reaction score
For those looking to do it on the OG Droid, its not that difficult to do, there are a couple of threads floating around with instructions on how to do it. Just make a backup and give it a go. Its really not bad as long as you read the instructions beforehand