Droid Bionic on 9/1/11?

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess Droid Life got a tip saying the release date would be pushed back a month but I never believed that because of the FCC confidentiality agreement and the Verizon sign up page. All of that is way too soon for a September release.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Holy ****! I didn't know you had a storm 1. That thing lagged worse after 8 months of use than 4 og unrooted droids put together! You poor soul....poor poor soul.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Yes I had a DX but gave it to my wife to use her upgrade. But If I only new it would take this long I could of held on to my DX an my own upgrade.

slinky

Reaction score
Verizon hates Android. Their execs are in total love with Apple and the iPad and have a massive lovefest with it, believing it will be their market killer. When is the iphone 5 supposed to be out anyways? Everyone says no 4G but I wonder whether it will come equipped. And one can only wonder if it doesn't, they sure as heck don't want the Bionic out before it.

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
Verizon hates Android. Their execs are in total love with Apple and the iPad and have a massive lovefest with it, believing it will be their market killer. When is the iphone 5 supposed to be out anyways? Everyone says no 4G but I wonder whether it will come equipped. And one can only wonder if it doesn't, they sure as heck don't want the Bionic out before it.

Honestly, that shouldn't be too surprising. The iPhone and iPad are the single best-selling devices among consumers within their categories, and carriers are worried about cannibalizing sales with Android phones. Remember, carriers are NOT our friends.

I'm sure Apple would like a 4G iPhone 5 to have the latest and greatest, but they are also obsessed with battery life. Who knows what'll happen.

i can read

Reaction score

Honestly, that shouldn't be too surprising. The iPhone and iPad are the single best-selling devices among consumers within their categories, and carriers are worried about cannibalizing sales with Android phones. Remember, carriers are NOT our friends.

I'm sure Apple would like a 4G iPhone 5 to have the latest and greatest, but they are also obsessed with battery life. Who knows what'll happen.

May be the reason for all these new law suits from apple is to slow down the comp because they realize it was a mistake to not put a 4g radio in the iphone 5

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd buy the Iphone 5 over the bionic right now if it was out. At least Apple knows how to release a flagship phone.

ps. It hurts just to even type apple on my custom built pc.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I'd buy the Iphone 5 over the bionic right now if it was out. At least Apple knows how to release a flagship phone.

ps. It hurts just to even type apple on my custom built pc.

...but they haven't released it and we have no idea what the specs are.

No, your right, they can definately release a flagship phone. :)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can hate on Apple all you want, but you damn well know they do a much better job of releasing quality devices over moto. Moto has completely killed their reputation with the Bionic problems. I was a complete die hard moto fan when the droid came out, got it the first day and still have it, but the monumental screw ups and not to mention the horrific look they went with after first creating a great looking phone leaves me with no choice but to question their ability to release a flagship phone.

Instead of focusing on one good phone, they've spread themselves too thin. So now we have a handful of half assed phones that don't live up to the hype. When the original bionic was revealed I could not wait to get it, but it's just been let down after let down and now the phone looks radically different and just has been a let down to see that they've had so many problems with it. I mean it took me 4 original droids before I got one that didn't have any bugs, but I let that slide because I really loved the phone. Do you really think the same thing won't happen with the Bionic? Considering we're on the 3rd revision of this phone?

Red flags are just popping up all over this phone now and it's just a bummer.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can hate on Apple all you want, but you damn well know they do a much better job of releasing quality devices over moto. Moto has completely killed their reputation with the Bionic problems. I was a complete die hard moto fan when the droid came out, got it the first day and still have it, but the monumental screw ups and not to mention the horrific look they went with after first creating a great looking phone leaves me with no choice but to question their ability to release a flagship phone.

Most people don't know about the Bionic so I really don't see what the fuss is about. Moto doesn't owe us anything. You can go out and get any device you want, no one is forcing you to wait for this,

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

No, I know what you mean.
But Moto doesn't have a hard time releasing a flagship phone. Just the Bionic. And better to late then too early...
If you ask me, the Droid X was a flagship and that went fine.

But I wouldn't say Apple does a good job. They have a year to release it in the first place. And there phone is usually behind in some specs. (The iPhone 4)

Moto has new phones every month.
If Motorola released one phone every year, I am sure they'd do fine. Even Apple is delaying the iP5...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most people don't know about the Bionic so I really don't see what the fuss is about. Moto doesn't owe us anything. You can go out and get any device you want, no one is forcing you to wait for this,

This is such a cop out response. Of course they don't owe us anything, I didn't say they did. What I said was they have proven to us that they aren't capable of providing a polished, well made phone and refuse to focus on one flagship phone that their devoted followers can take a hold of.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

This is such a cop out response. Of course they don't owe us anything, I didn't say they did. What I said was they have proven to us that they aren't capable of providing a polished, well made phone and refuse to focus on one flagship phone that their devoted followers can take a hold of.

Well then choose another manufacturer if you feel so strongly. I personally don't see what's so bad about the latest Moto phones but maybe you know more than I do.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

This makes no sense.

They haven't released they Bionic yet.
So how to you assume they aren't capable?

You obviously don't pay attention to how Android is growing.
No company can just release one phone with the latest specs. Within a few months, it'll be behind and then they'll need another to keep up with pack.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Guys, I love Moto, I refused to buy an Iphone prior to the OG, I bought the OG the first day it came out. My point is, they've spread themselves too thin with multiple devices, therefore they can't get a flagship phone like the Bionic released in a reasonable amount of time without multiple revisions and complete make overs.

I'm not speaking my opinion here, this is simply the facts of the Bionic.

The difference between me and you is I'm not blinded by my passion for Moto/droid phones, I'm willing to say it out loud when they make mistakes.

TheDig

Reaction score
I have to agree with him. My girlfriends iphone works when she picks it up, did right out of the box. No modding, custom rom, root, or kernel...it just works. Not to mention it isn't tied to the wall every few hours. And lets not forget how it didn't come loaded with apps that nobody wants.
I personally don't think the bionic will be a game changer like the og. It will be the best 4g phone when it drops but that will change in the next few months.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums