Droid Bionic on 9/1/11?

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another think I think we've all forgotten. The FCC confidentiality agreement expires August 7th. Why the 7th? I'm sure we're going to get more info soon. Why else would it expire in early August and then make us wait until September?

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
If this thing is coming any later than early August why wouldn't we just pass on it and get a quad core phone that's supposed to be here in November? I mean isn't that the time line for quad core? I think if we've all shown we're patient enough for the bionic why not just wait two months? Hell why not just ride out my damn contract and go to sprint? I'm really beginning to loath Verizon and Motorola.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I highly doubt any quad core phones for the next year.
There isn't even a quad core tablet yet.

I too would go out of Verizon if I could avoid there cancellation fee, but I am in love with the Droid lineup.

whiddles

Reaction score
is it possible for the FCC confidentiality agreement to expire after the phone is released? To give moto the best chance at have a top secret phone?

GBH2

Reaction score
If this thing is coming any later than early August why wouldn't we just pass on it and get a quad core phone that's supposed to be here in November? I mean isn't that the time line for quad core? I think if we've all shown we're patient enough for the bionic why not just wait two months? Hell why not just ride out my damn contract and go to sprint? I'm really beginning to loath Verizon and Motorola.

I highly doubt any quad core phones for the next year.
There isn't even a quad core tablet yet.

I too would go out of Verizon if I could avoid there cancellation fee, but I am in love with the Droid lineup.

I doubt there will be any GOOD quad core phones for at least a year.

Yes, I would leave Verizon and Motorola in a heartbeat, Unfortunately:

Verizon has the best network coverage (at least where I need it, All other carriers have terrible coverage); and

Motorola makes the best phones (at least as far as my needs are concerned - Reception, call quality and build quality).

Their will always be better phones coming out, but Motorola will release a great phone with top of the line specs for the components that are available and in production (not dream specs for components that are going into mass production a year from now).

I would like to see them make a few changes, but they generally make reasonable tradeoffs to produce a great final product.

They just need to let us unlock the damn Bootloader or they are going to piss me off and I might have to give someone else a shot. (or hell, just charge us an extra $50 and sell US an unlocked development phone)dancedroid

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I went to go pick up my D3, just to be sure if I should even wait for the Bionic, I asked a VZW rep and he was like, "Droid Bionic? You mean Charge? No, that's already out, sir.". So I explained to him further what I had meant, and he didn't know what I was talking about. Or acted that way anyway.

I'd wait, date keeps changing. In early June, I heard early July. Mid June I heard mid July. Late June and early July-mid July I'm hearing early August. And NOW people are saying late August or early September.

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
Another think I think we've all forgotten. The FCC confidentiality agreement expires August 7th. Why the 7th? I'm sure we're going to get more info soon. Why else would it expire in early August and then make us wait until September?

This is a very good observation too. Giving me hope for an Aug 4th release.

DoctorV

Reaction score
Didn't read the article phones at 5% bout to shut off ha so sorry if this is stupid but saw the first pic and definately not the bionic bionic isn't supposed to be a slider

Picture is suppose to be a picture of GS2 with a slider. Basiclly the article is saying the because of this phone it could push the Bionic to Sept. 1.. I do not believe this article at all.

This phone IS the Samsung epic 4g currently on Sprint.

http://androidandme.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/samsung-epic-4g-open.jpg

Everyone needs to chill the fudge out. I think this "Kellex" idiot is just making crap up to get some page hits. This phone has nothing to do with the Galaxy S2 or the Bionic. And where he's getting 9/1 is probably the crack talking.

Vito.a

Reaction score
The only real news in this article is that Samsung is working on a slider phone. We don't know what model it is and we know nothing additional about the Bionic other than the authors speculation.

Does anyone know of Verizon previously setting up a web page for a big phone introduction? How far in advance did they set it up?

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
The only real news in this article is that Samsung is working on a slider phone. We don't know what model it is and we know nothing additional about the Bionic other than the authors speculation.

Does anyone know of Verizon previously setting up a web page for a big phone introduction? How far in advance did they set it up?

I believe the D1's signup page showed up around Oct. 18th of 2009 and it was released on Nov 6th.

AdamNJ77

Reaction score
^The place where most of the reliable info comes from...HoFo:

Motorola's new Droid Bionic (Targa) pre-release thread - Part 1 - Page 27

One of the folks that usually has good inside info.

I hope its wrong. Even tho Sept is 1 month after Aug, I might as well just wait til next year. Aug is already pushing it..

I agree with you 110%. I was waiting for this phone for early spring originally, then the end of July, then the beginnig of August. If it goes till September, I am doing the same thing and just waiting till after New Year's when there is a whole crop of REAL next generation phones to choose from. This phone is getting old before it's even out...

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

I hope its wrong. Even tho Sept is 1 month after Aug, I might as well just wait til next year. Aug is already pushing it..

I agree with you 110%. I was waiting for this phone for early spring originally, then the end of July, then the beginnig of August. If it goes till September, I am doing the same thing and just waiting till after New Year's when there is a whole crop of REAL next generation phones to choose from. This phone is getting old before it's even out...

But this real next gen phones will be old in a few months anyway.
You might aswell get something you like and stay with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

AdamNJ77

Reaction score

But this real next gen phones will be old in a few months anyway.
You might aswell get something you like and stay with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I have a Droid X now, which I still love. My point is, if the phone won't be out till September, by then there will no doubt be a few announcements of multiple phones for the holiday season that will have better specs than the Bionic that I will have no problem waiting just a couple more months for since I have been waiting for this phone since it was announced at CES, and if it arrives in September, that will have been a 9 month wait. A 2-3 month wait for holiday super phones will be a cakewalk, and the chance that they will all come out at or around the date they announce is much better then the Bionic. I almost have to laugh, I have never heard of a phone that was actually announced and had a demo unit made and shown going through 9 months of delays. By September, the phone will be getting near it's 1 year birthday lol