DROID Bionic "Leak" - FAKE

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-bionic-verizon-site-fake-2.jpg

Picture says it all. I see a lot of people not noticing and looking over other people saying it's more than likely fake, so here's a topic.

Sorry, guys. :icon_ nono2:

- Picture courtesy of Androidcentral

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was on my non cellular iOS device when I saw this at first so I didn't take a good look at it. Now I can see that it's been photoshopped. Oh well.

Covington

Reaction score
Just when we thought we had SOME information on the phone. Well, back to speculations and pictures taken by Michael J. Fox at night time.

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Most self respecting android users use chrome or firefox, they've left me no choice but to kill the next apple fanboy I see and produce a much better ****ty mashup of the next iphone.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
Kinda glad it's fake. I was not mesmerized by the specs for the price.

But in all actuality thats probably what you will see for it. price vs hardware wise.

I cant believe i pulled the trigger and posted this after reading a reply in another thread and saw noone answered with the DL correction... I just became one of those nubs I give crap for not reading all the recent topics before posting..lul!:banplease: :yahoo:

demarco5

Reaction score
thank god i really didnt feel like buying a phone that actually thicker then the droid 3 with no keyboard, and that stupid lip at the bottom

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Message from Phil..

See, here's the thing about Flash pages, folks. Before you have the final product, you have something that's not the final product. And it's put together in things like PhotoShop, Illustrator, etc. And what we have here is an early, rough mock-up.

(Hey, we said in the post it was an early version of the page. I forget how much people don't actually read. lol)

Anyhoo, I mentioned in the post comments that we cropped something out. Not gonna put it on the blog, but I think you guys in here deserve to see it and draw your own conclusions.

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1279x773.
droid-bionic-droid-does.jpg

Source

Last edited:

demarco5

Reaction score
so it is real? and the phone is really gonna be that thick and clunky?
no thanks

wseyller

Reaction score
I can see the point of not being a final product, but it just seems that they went out of the way to make it look real but just didn't do a good job. This was probably a lot of work to do.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
See, here's the thing about Flash pages, folks. Before you have the final product, you have something that's not the final product. And it's put together in things like PhotoShop, Illustrator, etc. And what we have here is an early, rough mock-up.

(Hey, we said in the post it was an early version of the page. I forget how much people don't actually read. lol)

Anyhoo, I mentioned in the post comments that we cropped something out. Not gonna put it on the blog, but I think you guys in here deserve to see it and draw your own conclusions.

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1279x773.
droid-bionic-droid-does.jpg

Source

I'm no complete pro with Photoshop yet, but even I know (well, strongly think) that they could have done an a lot better job with a "mock up". The Bionic picture wouldn't look like it a was rendered by a 2-year old, look how choppy that is. A simple lasso tool or magic wand tool would have fixed that. I doubt they would use old pictures for it. The text used looks like they just got the Text tool and wrote stuff with Times New Roman or Ariel. It looks like someone smudged black onto the old touch sensitive buttons and put new ones on.

An intermediate photoshop user could likely do better. Why should a "mock up" to get a look of the page have to look crappy?

Really, the only good photoshopping with this picture is the tab they added "Droid Bionic 4G LTE".

endobrian

Reaction score
The big hint yesterday were the dimensions. A graphic artist knows his HxWxD.