[Updated] New Leaked Droid Does Bionic Page!!

alienware777

Reaction score

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even with what "Phil" said, I still believe this is fake.

I'm no complete pro with Photoshop yet, but even I know (well, strongly think) that they could have done an a lot better job with a "mock up". The Bionic picture wouldn't look like it a was rendered by a 2-year old, look how choppy that is. A simple lasso tool or magic wond tool would have fixed that. I doubt they would use old pictures for it. The text used looks like they just got the Text tool and wrote stuff with Times New Roman or Ariel. It looks like someone smudged black onto the old touch sensitive buttons and put new ones on.

Really, the only good photoshopping with this picture is the tab they added "Droid Bionic 4G LTE".

leonozug

Reaction score
Well, I am definitely going with the Galaxy S II now, IF it ever shows up on Verizon. This is just not enough from Moto as far as I'm concerned. I'd take a 3G GSII anyday over this, hands down. A 1Ghz processor this late in the game is ridiculous. And yes, the pentile screen looks like crap in my humble opinion. I've owned Motorola phones since Nov. 09, but lately they've dropped the ball.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
If it's the Bionic(Targa) then it's going to look like a more sexier refined DX, like the pics we saw of the Targa a few months ago. My money says it's going to look something like that. I'm hoping at least. The pic in that add is awfully prehistoric and clumsy looking.

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
I'm surprised so many people are getting excited over this phone. It looks nice, but isn't very upgrade worthy imo.

Reaction score
Yes it might be a fake. It also might be something that was put together back in January of this year, BEFORE details of the phone had been fully worked out, BEFORE Moto pulled the plug on Etna, BEFORE a full ad campaign had been designed. Neither would surprise me.

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Well, I am definitely going with the Galaxy S II now, IF it ever shows up on Verizon. This is just not enough from Moto as far as I'm concerned. I'd take a 3G GSII anyday over this, hands down. A 1Ghz processor this late in the game is ridiculous. And yes, the pentile screen looks like crap in my humble opinion. I've owned Motorola phones since Nov. 09, but lately they've dropped the ball.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the latest news concerning the GSII (that'll be released in the U.S.) pointed to a Tegra 2 processor and not the 1.2ghz found in the rest of the world? Pretty sure that's what was cleared through the FCC recently. Dunno about you, but I'll take a 4430 over the Tegra any day of the week.

leonozug

Reaction score

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the latest news concerning the GSII (that'll be released in the U.S.) pointed to a Tegra 2 processor and not the 1.2ghz found in the rest of the world? Pretty sure that's what was cleared through the FCC recently. Dunno about you, but I'll take a 4430 over the Tegra any day of the week.

If that's actually the case then I'll pass on the GSII as well...that would be a shame if it's true. I'll wait till at least next spring to get the right phone then. You know full well better phones are always coming out one after another. Just gotta be patient.

TheOldFart

Reaction score

If that's actually the case then I'll pass on the GSII as well...that would be a shame if it's true. I'll wait till at least next spring to get the right phone then. You know full well better phones are always coming out one after another. Just gotta be patient.

But if the phone that comes out next spring is only a 1.2 GHz then why not wait until summer when the 1.4 GHz comes out?

BlacknTan

Reaction score

But if the phone that comes out next spring is only a 1.2 GHz then why not wait until summer when the 1.4 GHz comes out?

And then after that the quad core processors will be coming out and you should wait for them. And then after THAT another, better phone, and another, and another.

There will always be something better just over the horizon. Coming from a droid 1, I will be perfectly satisfied with a dual-core LTE phone on verizon's network for two more years. My phone is definitely showing its age.

I could also care less about the pentile screen. I'd prefer a better display, but i'm willing to deal with qhd if that's all that's available by August

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol@ the last 2 posts.

I mean cmon...ppl complaining about a dual core cpu because its only 1 Ghz. Never mind all the dual core chips have better gpu's. And since there is probably only 1-2 dual core phones clocked higher, I dont see the problem.

leonozug

Reaction score
lol@ the last 2 posts.

I mean cmon...ppl complaining about a dual core cpu because its only 1 Ghz. Never mind all the dual core chips have better gpu's. And since there is probably only 1-2 dual core phones clocked higher, I dont see the problem.

The problem is Moto is just going to use the same processor that's in the Droid 3...that isn't a problem, it's just I was expecting something bigger and badder in the Bionic, that's all. I heard 1.5GHz a while ago but it looks like that was false obviously. I just thought they would have upped the ante a bit.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

S

scrub175

$799 at Best Buy is what I heard From a Best Buy Mobile Employee...

Cool. I'm getting to the point that where I would rather pay the extra scratch and own my phone rather than the subsidized price and locked in VZW contract. Just says something that I buy a phone full price but will not commit to them for the 2 years.

What my plan will be is to see if there is an off contract price reduction after a couple of weeks. If the price off contract is dropped to $599 but the contract price remains $299, I would be willing to pay the off contract price.

Do yourself a favor and check out off contract prices on current phones. They don't drop much at all, nothing like the on contract prices.

I did myself a favor and bought a thunderbolt off contract with a sale price from best buy and a price match from verizon

chameleocat

Reaction score
august 4th confirmed

spoke to my buddy at verizon today about the bionic and he said in his inventory and display instructions the displays to be set up after store closes august 3rd and launch date is august 4th for droid bionic! this is not a fake or a scam but from the verizon reps mouth him self who has been a friend for over 5 years he also said pre orders may start as early as January 28th!