Droid Bionic heading towards Verizon

ipawd1

Reaction score
....Still impatiently waiting for the CES Verizon coverage.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
It's not superior in every way. The Bionic has a 4.3" screen compared to a 4", and the Bionic also has a 8 mp camera, where the Atrix only has a 5mp. Also, the Bionic has real 4g with LTE, not HSPA+. Also, it's not on AT&T, so the Bionic is the better phone by default!

Megapixels mean nothing. I bet the quality of the cameras is about the same. Also, LTE isn't even in all areas so it's not that big of a deal and I would much rather 4" than 4.3". We got screwed, especially once you look at the docks and everything that AT&T is getting. If AT&Ts network wasn't so bad, I'd switch.

Megapixels mean something, just not as much as the quality of the sensor, and you can bet that the quality will be the same, but I can just as son bet that the quality will be better. Why have a difference in specs if they are going to be the same? And I guess screen size is more of a personal preference, I have fairly large hands, and like having that little bit extra screen size for using an on screen keyboard.

And I really couldn't care less about the laptop and computer docks. I already have a laptop, and a netbook, and a desktop, so I really have no use for a dock to use my phone as any of those things. Sure, the RAM thing is disappointing, but lets wait for the reviews to come out before we actually say which phone is massively better.

Why have differences in specs? Because some people think that because a phone's spec sheet says 8mp that it's automatically going to be better than the phone with 5mp. The Iphone 4 is only 5mp but has significantly better picture quality than a lot of the phones with higher resolution cameras, at least imo (you may not agree). Sure you can blow the 8mp pictures up more but I don't think it's that big of a deal. I guess we will really see once the reviews come out, but I think they made the Atrix better than Bionic on purpose so I think the reviews will reflect that.

BGKris

Reaction score

Jahmakan

Reaction score
Never had an issue with service/signal on at&t. The biggest problem w/ Android phones on at&t is the inability to side load apps; that alone makes me not want to get the Atrix, or any Android phone on at&t for that matter. Just have to wait and see...

You can still side load apps with the work around.
Sideload Android apps all you want with the Sideload Wonder Machine | Android Central

Wow! Where the hell have I been. Thank you. Think that made up my mind.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
We got screwed, especially once you look at the docks and everything that AT&T is getting. If AT&Ts network wasn't so bad, I'd switch.
I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Those docking capabilities are going to be very RAM intensive. The Atrix will essentially be running 2 OS's. The Atrix is going to be starved of RAM with anything less than 1GB...

BGKris

Reaction score
Never had an issue with service/signal on at&t. The biggest problem w/ Android phones on at&t is the inability to side load apps; that alone makes me not want to get the Atrix, or any Android phone on at&t for that matter. Just have to wait and see...

You can still side load apps with the work around.
Sideload Android apps all you want with the Sideload Wonder Machine | Android Central

Wow! Where the hell have I been. Thank you. Think that made up my mind.

:icon_ banana:

deputc26

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that there will be a "VZW version" of the Atrix... other than the Bionic, as mentioned, they are too similar.
I also agree Moto is abandoning their traditional Droid aesthetic, the Bionic is all rounded instead of edgy like other Moto Droids and I have to agree I don't like it as much, too iPhone-ish
1gb of ram would be nice but not a deal breaker for me, this is looking like my next phone.

chuckz28

Reaction score
Sorry but there is no way that is a 4.3 inch screen. Look at the pictures where it is right next to the droid x and get out your ruler. It is smaller on every pic length width and diagonally. That has to be a 4 inch screen like the atrix. I think motorola has really messed up the specs on this press release.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Yea its definitely shorter. And when you look at the pics of the EVO and X, both 4.3 " screens it doesnt look like the X and Bionic.

More mysteries to wrap our heads around.

cb2000a

Reaction score
At this point it is highly likely I will pay the etf and go back to ATT as it is obvious they are going to have the killer Android phone.

hypura

Reaction score
Heres whats going on in my head. If no Dual-core phone that is better than the Bionic is announced by Q2, I'll probably get the Bionic. Yes, the Atrix is better than the Bionic in terms of RAM and accessories, the Bionic is still has the better carrier and camera.

I'll admit I feel forced, though, since there is a bit of lack of selection.

ipawd1

Reaction score
This is what's floating in MY brain. No release dates for phones, no pricing plans for the data packages/4g plans, they refuse to comment on tethering, The Samsung device they released doesnt have a name. Just "Samsung 4g LTE device", the conference was a bore. The speakers seemed full of themselves, The Droid Bionic is 512MB ram instead of 1gb..even with a dual core. Verizon Wireless also has cancelled the New Every Two AND the idea of an annual early upgrade earlier this week.

Verizon is already a top contender for "Who Had The Worst 2011"

I'm FULLY prepared for Tmobile & AT&T to now take jabs at Verizon for jumping the 4g gun...yet not even have a pricing plan available.

Crying Wolf at it's finest.

"Hey...we have 4g...but...it wont be available until we release the pricing plans..which...we can't discuss".

ipawd1

Reaction score
"look we have phones prepared for our 4g commercials that we started broadcasting in November of 2010.. But.. We wont have a device in your hand until.. 2nd Quarter 2011. But we dont quite have the rates, and data packages available"