Verizon launching its 200th LTE market on March 15th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon-4G-LTE-Map.jpg

Verizon just issued a press release sharing they will be bringing their 4G LTE access to several new markets on March 15th. This will bring their total 4G LTE market penetration number to 200 markets. Here is a quick list of new areas followed by their full press release below:
  • Dothan and Enterprise, Ala.
  • Naples, Fla.
  • Greenville, N.C.
  • Altus and Durant, Okla.
  • Longview/Marshall, Texas
Expanded 4G LTE network in:
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Elkhart, Ind.
  • Baltimore, Md.
  • Columbus, Miss.
  • Northern N.J.
  • Wilmington, N.C.
  • Duncan, Okla.
  • Allentown/Bethlehem, Harrisburg, Philadelphia and Scranton/Wilkes Barre, Pa.
  • Hilton Head, S.C.
  • Cleveland, Tenn.
  • Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
  • Kenosha, Madison and Milwaukee, Wis.
VERIZON TO LAUNCH ITS 200TH 4G LTE MARKET ON MARCH 15

Company Plans to Double 4G LTE Markets by End of 2012; Offers the Widest Array of Popular 4G LTE Devices, Including Tablets and Smartphones

BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – Verizon Wireless, owner of the nation’s fastest 4G network, today announced its 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) network will cover 203 markets on March 15 when it launches service in seven new markets and expands in 17 markets across the United States. Following the launches on March 15, including the 200th market in Dothan, Ala., customers on the nation’s largest 4G LTE network can take advantage of the speed and connectivity with more than 20 4G LTE devices, including tablets and smartphones.

Verizon Wireless plans to more than double the number of its 4G LTE markets, bringing the total markets to more than 400, by the end of the year. With the additional new markets and continued expansions, the company’s 4G LTE network will cover more than 260 million people in the United States by the end of 2012.

“Our plans to double our 4G LTE network coverage from the end of 2011 to the end of 2012 align with the aggressive and rapid deployment strategy we have taken with our 4G LTE network,” said David Small, chief technical officer of Verizon Wireless. “Our commitment to expanding and enhancing our 4G LTE network is enabling more customers across the country to enjoy the benefits of the most popular wireless devices. We will continue investing in our 4G LTE network and working with key partners to ensure our customers have access to the best products and services available.”

On Thursday, March 15, the company will introduce its 4G LTE network in Dothan and Enterprise, Ala.; Naples, Fla.; Greenville, N.C.; Altus and Durant, Okla.; and Longview/Marshall, Texas. The company will also expand its 4G LTE network in Washington, D.C.; Elkhart, Ind.; Baltimore, Md.; Columbus, Miss.; Northern N.J.; Wilmington, N.C.; Duncan, Okla.; Allentown/Bethlehem, Harrisburg, Philadelphia and Scranton/Wilkes Barre, Pa.; Hilton Head, S.C.; Cleveland, Tenn.; Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas; and Kenosha, Madison and Milwaukee, Wis.

4G LTE Speed

In real-world, fully loaded network environments, 4G LTE users should experience average data rates of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) on the downlink and 2 to 5 Mbps on the uplink. When customers travel outside of 4G LTE coverage areas, devices automatically connect to Verizon Wireless’ 3G network, enabling customers to stay connected from coast to coast. Verizon Wireless’ 3G network is the most reliable high-speed data network in the country and allows customers in 3G coverage areas who purchase 4G LTE devices today to take advantage of 4G LTE speeds when the faster network becomes available in their area or when they travel to areas already covered by 4G LTE.

4G LTE Markets

On March 15, Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network will be available in 203 markets. Visit www.verizonwireless.com/lte for a full list of 4G LTE markets and additional information about Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network.

About Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves nearly 108 million total wireless connections, including 92.2 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with nearly 82,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.

Reaction score
Kiss those 20 mb downloads good bye by next year =[

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I don't get it; there already is 4G coverage in Dallas\FTW. Suppose they just mean they're filling in more of the small holes. I get crappy coverage in my apartment, and have a slightly uncovered area outside my apartment complex according to Verizon's 4G coverage map, but I just figure it's the poor reception when traveling through the walls. Suppose we'll find out in within the next week or so...

bjorn65

Reaction score

Well I don't think so? After all they only have 5 percent of their users on 4G and they do not have a plan like att to limit you to 4 gigs.

dl1762

Reaction score
How about long island . Mire people here than most of these markets

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

geoff5093

Reaction score
It's not listed, but Concord, NH has had 4G for the past several weeks.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6

I don't know about others here, but I've noticed my speeds get better over time. Spots where I would get like 10mbps now get 30+.

SniperDroid

Reaction score
It's nice to hear, but two weeks ago my little town in Northeast Ohio started getting 4g, and were not even on the list.... Hope they don't turn it off...

mikeyo1990

Reaction score
does any one know where you can get a better view of this map, because its hard to see what the key at the bottom says

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't get it; there already is 4G coverage in Dallas\FTW. Suppose they just mean they're filling in more of the small holes. I get crappy coverage in my apartment, and have a slightly uncovered area outside my apartment complex according to Verizon's 4G coverage map, but I just figure it's the poor reception when traveling through the walls. Suppose we'll find out in within the next week or so...

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2012/03/pr2012-03-14t.html

That pretty much states expanding mainly toward FTW, Crowly, Tarrant County area.... also saw Marshall and Longview listed (east Texas ).

I get good coverage driving to work in Allen but lose it inside of the building where 3g is great. Can't wait til it spreads North to the border

----posted maxx'ed out----

Last edited:

Meltman

Reaction score
I'm in pa and looking at what they just posted as extending I'm in between 2 of the biggest cities in the state. I have yet to see my phone show 4G. Let's hope this will allow me to enjoy some of this speed but I'm not holding my breath.

mikeyo1990

Reaction score
Has anyone in those markets seen anything yet? I'm close to where there extended coverage for Baltimore should be but haven't seen anything yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

N4UPD

Reaction score
I will be glad when I see expanded coverage for Birmingham and Montgomery Al. since I'm halfway between them.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

jayman350

Reaction score
i just went out to grab a drink for my lunch and saw a white 4G icon while I was on a call, I got excited that maybe they snuck an expansion in around here (I have 4G at home, but not work) unfortunately I have not seen it since I hung up from the call. The northeast part of Massachusetts is like the only area of the state that I haven't been able to get 4G.