Droid Bionic heading towards Verizon

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
"look we have phones prepared for our 4g commercials that we started broadcasting in November of 2010.. But.. We wont have a device in your hand until.. 2nd Quarter 2011. But we dont quite have the rates, and data packages available"

they have it...you tell me they dont know "how much" they gonna gouge customers for 4g phones in areas where 4g is not fully integrated. They probably did not want to kill the hype so early by saying the price. Cuz if they would have announced that even though they charge the most of any carrier and they plan on gouging us some more, then the party would have been over right then.

Steviebster

Reaction score
"Verizon brought Motorola Mobility Chief Executive Sanjay Jha on stage to show two 4G devices, including the Droid Bionic smartphone and Xoom tablet, both of which run Google's Android software and have dual-core processors. The Bionic launches in February, but won't run on 4G until an update comes in the second quarter. The Xoom also launches in the second quarter"

Also in the interest of competition:

LAS VEGAS -- Verizon Wireless and Sprint will start selling Windows Phone 7s by the end of June.
In his keynote Wednesday night, Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer said the software would be ready for Verizon and Sprint. Today, I spoke with Aaron Woodman, director of the mobile communications business atr Microsoft, who said devices would be ready on both networks by June 30.

Both of these news items are in today's (1/6) Seattle Times paper.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
....That conference blew.
The conference blew because you were expecting something different. I said a while back that it wouldn't be anything earth shattering. It NEVER is and I didn't expect this year to be any different.

So remember this for next year when it rolls around again : )

EgooEspada

Reaction score
The Bionic and XOOM dates are backwards. The XOOM comes out in February, with a future update for 4G and the Bionic in Q2 (betting April).

Sent from my Droid

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
....That conference blew.
The conference blew because you were expecting something different. I said a while back that it wouldn't be anything earth shattering. It NEVER is and I didn't expect this year to be any different.

So remember this for next year when it rolls around again : )

Break out the torches! It's all CK's fault! :icon_ devil:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The Bionic and XOOM dates are backwards. The XOOM comes out in February, with a future update for 4G and the Bionic in Q2 (betting April).

Sent from my Droid
not according to the Seattle Times...but who knows with these things. We've all been around the block with these things : )

Kineo

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid
not according to the Seattle Times...but who knows with these things. We've all been around the block with these things : )

Jah said that the XOOM would come out next mouth

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Article says XOOM in Q1 - 4G upgrade in Q2. The writer on the Seattle Times probably just got the names mix up. :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Thanks Kineo.....Regardless I don't put to much stock on release dates ESPECIALLY when it comes to Verizon : )

It's a safe bet we will see these devices this year though I can bet my life on that : )

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I say the Bionic comes in March - but that's a different thread :D

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I say the Bionic comes in March - but that's a different thread :D

Nah, I really do hope though. But I'm positive the LG Revolution will be out in March and maybe the HTC Thunderbolt in February. Verzion said there will be devices by mid- year, but they didn't say we couldn't get them earlier. ;)

Either way, my money is going to the Motorola XOOM. I'll see what Verizon has to offer come the Spring. Would be insane to see how Motorola will top themselves on their next Verizon Droid.