Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Atrix for AT&T is a Better Phone.. How can you give the Atrix 1G of Ram and give the Bionic 512 MB of Ram!!!How in the world do At&t get a better phone...

Darkseider

Reaction score
I am almost excited for this handset but I want to see if the LG 2X is coming to VZW. If so I will more than likely go with the LG. Motorola seems to have dropped the ball for the VZW camp lately with handsets. Take the Atrix on AT&T for example. Superior in EVERY way to the Bionic. The only thing they have that's wowing is the Xoom and there is no way in hell you are getting me to cough up for a data plan on a tablet AND a phone.

Here's hoping that there are some 4G Android surprises today from Verizon otherwise it looks like AT&T or T-Mobile will be getting my business this year.

Wetzilla

Reaction score
I am almost excited for this handset but I want to see if the LG 2X is coming to VZW. If so I will more than likely go with the LG. Motorola seems to have dropped the ball for the VZW camp lately with handsets. Take the Atrix on AT&T for example. Superior in EVERY way to the Bionic. The only thing they have that's wowing is the Xoom and there is no way in hell you are getting me to cough up for a data plan on a tablet AND a phone.

It's not superior in every way. The Bionic has a 4.3" screen compared to a 4", and the Bionic also has a 8 mp camera, where the Atrix only has a 5mp. Also, the Bionic has real 4g with LTE, not HSPA+. Also, it's not on AT&T, so the Bionic is the better phone by default!

Darkseider

Reaction score

It's not superior in every way. The Bionic has a 4.3" screen compared to a 4", and the Bionic also has a 8 mp camera, where the Atrix only has a 5mp. Also, the Bionic has real 4g with LTE, not HSPA+. Also, it's not on AT&T, so the Bionic is the better phone by default!

Megapixels mean NOTHING when it comes to cameras that I can assure you. As for the .3" of screen real estate? Really? LTE or HSPA+? Both are capable of 10 megabit or faster speeds, your point? Lastly 1 Gig RAM on the Atrix vs. 512 Meg on the Bionic which is for all intents and purposes an identical handset. Same SoC and reference design. Motorola dropped the ball on this one.

snoop5

Reaction score

Megapixels mean NOTHING when it comes to cameras that I can assure you. As for the .3" of screen real estate? Really? LTE or HSPA+? Both are capable of 10 megabit or faster speeds, your point? Lastly 1 Gig RAM on the Atrix vs. 512 Meg on the Bionic which is for all intents and purposes an identical handset. Same SoC and reference design. Motorola dropped the ball on this one.

im almost certain it should also be 1ghz if not, you go to att and you will have a fast phone with no service. :rofl3:

Jahmakan

Reaction score
Never had an issue with service/signal on at&t. The biggest problem w/ Android phones on at&t is the inability to side load apps; that alone makes me not want to get the Atrix, or any Android phone on at&t for that matter. Just have to wait and see...

BGKris

Reaction score

im almost certain it should also be 1ghz if not, you go to att and you will have a fast phone with no service. :rofl3:

att is shat for me in southern california, it's usually a hit or miss on any carrier, just depends on your region. :icon_evil:

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

Megapixels mean nothing. I bet the quality of the cameras is about the same. Also, LTE isn't even in all areas so it's not that big of a deal and I would much rather 4" than 4.3". We got screwed, especially once you look at the docks and everything that AT&T is getting. If AT&Ts network wasn't so bad, I'd switch.

creaky

Reaction score
We got screwed, especially once you look at the docks and everything that AT&T is getting. If AT&Ts network wasn't so bad, I'd switch.

Agreed. Actually, AT&T's network is pretty good at home but sucks at work. Depending on what gets revealed today about the LG Black and Revolution, I might consider jumping ship to AT&T to get the device I *want*. Also not thrilled about waiting around until Q2....

nmiltner

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I really want this phone! Hoping 4G pricing isn't through the roof. Hopefully it will be unlocked.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Wetzilla

Reaction score

Megapixels mean nothing. I bet the quality of the cameras is about the same. Also, LTE isn't even in all areas so it's not that big of a deal and I would much rather 4" than 4.3". We got screwed, especially once you look at the docks and everything that AT&T is getting. If AT&Ts network wasn't so bad, I'd switch.

Megapixels mean something, just not as much as the quality of the sensor, and you can bet that the quality will be the same, but I can just as son bet that the quality will be better. Why have a difference in specs if they are going to be the same? And I guess screen size is more of a personal preference, I have fairly large hands, and like having that little bit extra screen size for using an on screen keyboard.

And I really couldn't care less about the laptop and computer docks. I already have a laptop, and a netbook, and a desktop, so I really have no use for a dock to use my phone as any of those things. Sure, the RAM thing is disappointing, but lets wait for the reviews to come out before we actually say which phone is massively better.