Droid A855 Stuck On "M". Tried RSDLite. Cannot get to Recovery.

fredmc2020

Reaction score
Been dealing with this for way too long, time to ask for help!

I have a droid A855 that was originally upgraded OTA to the latest update. Everything was working fine until I tried a "one-click" root program (I believe the link was from this site). The program seemed to have good responses from posters, so I went for it. After the reboot my droid is stuck at the "M" motorola logo screen.

I tried RSDLite with the latest version and all of the following sbf files:

VZW_A855_FRG83G_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE
VZW_A855_ESD20_QSC6085BP_C_01.3B.01P_SW_UPDATE
VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE
VZW_A855_ESE81_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.03P_SW_UPDATE
VZW_A855_FRG01B_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE_01
VZW_A855_FRG22D_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE

With all of these I used the "up on d-pad" to "catch the reboot". I get a PASS from RSDLite but again I'm stuck on the "M" when rebooting, and holding X during reboot results in the "M" as well (no recovery mode).

After trying these I attempted to use RSDLite to flash the SPRecovery sbf:

MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b

Again using the d-pad up during reboot I get a PASS from RSDLite, but no recovery mode (even when holding power and X on reboot)- only the "M".

After all that I am willing to try just about anything. I attempted this tutorial from RedmondPie for ADB and Fastboot, but I am not even sure it applies to the A855 Droid:

How To Set Up Android ADB & Fastboot On Windows [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

When performing this and running the "adb devices" command from cmd my computer does not "see" the Droid. I have attempted this both on the "M" screen and on the bootloader screen.

I am at a complete loss. Is there hope or do I junk it? I know the A855 is old news, but I'd still like to fix the problem.

Thanks in advance.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
If your getting Pass from rsd lite, but its not booting up, it could be a bad download. I'd start by re-downloading the FRG83G sbf. Then try installing it with rsd lite again.

BTW, Welcome to DF.

OP
F

fredmc2020

Reaction score
I will try re-downloading the sbf and post how it goes. Any ideas for a trustworthy source for download? I got all of my current sbfs from the same source, makes me think I should try somewhere else but a lot of links have expired.

OP
F

fredmc2020

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice- But I tried a new source for download and am still stuck at the "M" screen after getting a PASS from RSDLite.

Any other ideas out there?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you can't get into recovery either?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This may be the end.

I've seen this a few times in my travels on this forum where the A855 will not come out of the M screen for anything. I think you have tried everything I would have done, if I'm honest, and maybe more.

Sent from my rooted, unlocked, SCH-i515