Help unbricking a Droid 1

OP
xjacobx

xjacobx

Reaction score
Hmmm... well, if that's the case, I'm no longer able to help. Unless you're hardware savvy, you could take it apart and look for any abnormalities. Or have someone else look at it? Either way, goodluck with trying to fix your OG Droid. Maybe after you've acquired a working OGD I could beta test some themes for ya. ;) Preferably a Gundam Wing theme on a GPA15 build. ;););) I'm sorry that I can no longer be of assistance to you.

Not a problem thanks so much for all the help you were.... It was looking pretty good there haha.. I'll try some other stuff as I have time and at least now I have one for parts ;) heres my blue theme fire the dx on gb
View attachment 33020

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Hmmm... well, if that's the case, I'm no longer able to help. Unless you're hardware savvy, you could take it apart and look for any abnormalities. Or have someone else look at it? Either way, goodluck with trying to fix your OG Droid. Maybe after you've acquired a working OGD I could beta test some themes for ya. ;) Preferably a Gundam Wing theme on a GPA15 build. ;););) I'm sorry that I can no longer be of assistance to you.

Not a problem thanks so much for all the help you were.... It was looking pretty good there haha.. I'll try some other stuff as I have time and at least now I have one for parts ;) heres my blue theme fire the dx on gb
View attachment 33020

No problem. I was happy to help. :) And there's nothing wrong with having spare parts. ;P Your theme looks pretty awesome. Almost makes me want a DX. Haha. I'm shooting for a D3 whenever it finally comes out. Hopefully around November. :) Goodluck with unbricking your newly acquired droid. ;) And sorry again for being unable to help until success. I hope you're able to get it working so you can start theming on it! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used this article a while back, maybe it will help you in your quest.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-using-rsd-lite-flash-sbf-file-correctly.html

There's a link on the bottom of the OP called stock rooted, you'll find a known good sbf there.

Read both posts throughly and I think you'll find the steps informative and helpful, most importantly they're known to work.

Good luck.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
xjacobx

xjacobx

Reaction score
I used this article a while back, maybe it will help you in your quest.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-using-rsd-lite-flash-sbf-file-correctly.html

There's a link on the bottom of the OP called stock rooted, you'll find a known good sbf there.

Read both posts throughly and I think you'll find the steps informative and helpful, most importantly they're known to work.

Good luck.

Thanks for this I'll give it a go when I get home. If this doesn't work I'm going to play with the hard ware :)

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
If you are able to get into rzr I would think a ROM would work. Try downloading one to the SD root either via tethering or via card reader attached to your computer. Reinstall the SD, go into recovery, wipe everything 3 times then attempt the install of the ROM. Also maybe try installing the sdk with aosp instead of trying the sbf. Then go eat a can of alphabet soup LOL.

OP
xjacobx

xjacobx

Reaction score
If you are able to get into rzr I would think a ROM would work. Try downloading one to the SD root either via tethering or via card reader attached to your computer. Reinstall the SD, go into recovery, wipe everything 3 times then attempt the install of the ROM. Also maybe try installing the sdk with aosp instead of trying the sbf. Then go eat a can of alphabet soup LOL.

Is there a rom you would suggest? Also how would I install the sdk with asop? thanks for the reply... Its now an experiment phone haha

bubbs16

Reaction score
my droid is in the same shape as yours it sounds. Again i don't understand how we can sbf the recovery files , rzr , and it works 100 % fine. Then once i try to sbf a rom or ota update whatever it just fails at

error switching to bp pass through FAIL flashing process.

I honestly think its a hardware failure.

OP
xjacobx

xjacobx

Reaction score
my droid is in the same shape as yours it sounds. Again i don't understand how we can sbf the recovery files , rzr , and it works 100 % fine. Then once i try to sbf a rom or ota update whatever it just fails at

error switching to bp pass through FAIL flashing process.

I honestly think its a hardware failure.

I agree... I'm gonna pull it apart this weekend se if anything is lose if not keep my eyes out for a new board... Im thinking corrupt ram or something...

jlutz555

Reaction score
Try redownloading the VZW_A855_FRG83G_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf from peter's site again, it could be a bad download. I just flashed that to a phone with a broken touch screen and had it fail several times before I redownloaded the file and tried again. even then it took maybe 3 tries for it to take. I could upload the FRG83G .sbf that I used to my dropbox if you want?

On and odd sidenote, the screen blacked out partway through the flash but continued to program. It did not come back on even after reboot initiated by RSD Lite. I had to pull the battery to get it to boot to OS.

bubbs16

Reaction score
i bet i tried to flash this phoen 100 times prolly more. The problem is our phones dont try to reboot they don't get that far. They stop at 99% when they Switch to BP pass through whatever the hell that means . I have tried every version of RSD LITE, windows xp, windows vista, windows 7. I have tired 3 computers.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you want to mail it to me, I'll take a look at it. I'd be happy to pay shipping back.

If not I totally understand lol, I'm just super curious about it and I want to have a go at it.

Sent from my Droid

bubbs16

Reaction score
in fact i would love to do that lol . I am very curious myself. I want to see if its my pc or me, or just the phone itself ha. Im game to try that .

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
in fact i would love to do that lol . I am very curious myself. I want to see if its my pc or me, or just the phone itself ha. Im game to try that .

I'll pm you my details.

Sent from my Droid

OP
xjacobx

xjacobx

Reaction score

let me know if you guys get it working.. i'm going to pull mine apart this weekend and see if there is anything noticeably wrong with wires or something

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wouldn't take it apart personally, as far as I know only wires in it to the antenna and digitizer and the battery connection.

For there to be something noticeably wrong to be able to see with your eyes, I think it wouldn't even turn on at all.

Just saying.

Sent from my Droid