Droid 3 SIM unlock discussion

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by leobg, Jul 8, 2011.

1. antimoh

antimoh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered and received my DROID 3 about a month ago but after a number of unsuccessful attempts I still can't unlock it(((
    I hope someone can advice me what to do with my problem. Since I received my phone I ordered unlock codes from two different "unlock code providers" - they [codes] were exactly the same but for some reason neither of them work. Now I can't even use Verizon sim card that was in the box with the phone because it asks for a code every time I turn on the phone (no matter which sim card is inside). The result is always the same - it ends up with a message "Your phone subsidy locked. Please contact your Network Provider".
    Did anyone face the same issues? And could the reason be that I used too much attempts to enter the code?

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

2. Venom51

Venom51 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Called last night to get the unlock code for the wife's phone as she is headed to the UK this week. Thay gave us both codes for both phones. No muss no fuss.

3. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Senior Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 5X
    I'm in the same boat, trip early next year. Would you please post back post-trip and let us know how it goes? :)

Thanks!

-Matt

4. Venom51

Venom51 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    The wife walked into a shop over there. Bought a prepaid Sim...activated it. Dropped it in the phone and called me. Worked perfectly and if she can do it...than anyone can do it.

5. silver6054

silver6054 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Once the phone is unlocked, then (usually!) no problem. The trick is getting the phone unlocked if you are not a Verizon customer (or you fail to meet their requirements)

6. luiferrestrepo

luiferrestrepo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same problem here.
    Even worst it seems that verizon changed the codes for newer phones. I am in colombia just waiting have tried like 5 different services and nothing works.

7. xaser

xaser New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello! Well, same thing here, I was testing with a couple of codes that I bought from an ebay seller, but in the process the Phone was locked deep in "Dismiss Mode" so seems until no new info, that there is no available the "Network unlock code" prompt screen option.

So, please some help, since thsi seems like an issue in rising over the phones already on available.

Thanks for attention and best regards.

8. luiferrestrepo

Ratings:
    +0
    I was given a code from verizon and 2 from internet but none of them work. I flashed my phone and rooted but no work. And when I try to change the radio band the only one available is 800 USA perhaps that is not working properly. Please help since right now I am only using the phone for wifi. Also I am outside of the US.

9. luiferrestrepo

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any other way to sim unlock this phone like flashing with a motorola softaware or other company. I was serching and found flash to cricket but it was too complicated for me. Perhaps one with the RSD lite.

10. xaser

xaser New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

As I see we and several others around are in the same ship (and if the info aroud is true, more may be coming in the next weeks... so this seems an issue that must be need to be solved/sorted in some way or another).

Well, by now I may comment to you that I open another thread in order to try to looking for info/help with this issue, and a good friend post some comments, that may help (by now I put my phone ON and will wait fro more than 9 hours following their info)

the link is:

Droid 3 network Locked and now in SUBSIDY mode - xda-developersbout your info, I used flashsbf for save my previous xt720 several times, so I wonder about the cricket reflash info that You found and I would like to ask if You could give me the link in order to study that solution and see if I may be able to use it.

Thanks again and lets hope form some friends help/knowledge and see if this could be solved.

best regards!

11. luiferrestrepo

Ratings:
    +0

that is th elink for teh cricket thing.

12. luiferrestrepo

Ratings:
    +0
    Bump.
    Is unlocking this phone more difficult than the Iphone?

Search tags for this page

droid 3 sim unlock

droid 3 unlock code
droid 3 unlock code generator

how to unlock droid 3

how to unlock droid 3 global
how to unlock droid 3 sim
unlock code for motorola droid 3
unlock sim droid 3
unlock verizon droid 3
verizon droid 3 sim unlock