DROID 2 global Fission Rom will be updated late pm or early am

xPhoenix777

Reaction score
I wish, but I have seen AngDroid's twitter feed too... He has continued to claim it will be "soon"... But I suppose, time is relative and soon could be before 2012 to him.

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
Yea anyday after this coming Monday would be good for me!! I still just want to see a change log for this update but I'm also sure it will be well worth the wait. SOOOO come on with this update Mr. Angdroid this wait is grueling

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Never had a chance to try any Droid1/2 ROMs, bee on other models of Android phones... So I will take your word that Liberty is a good thing to have ported?

Thanks for the link. Maybe when they will keep closer deadlines than other devs... :icon_evil:

Yay Get R Done! dancedroid

Its very nice lol. Been running an alpha version for a wk+ and it works amazing. Only thing left to fix is the sensor issue....

Back on topic, hoping for fission update soon (even though i prolly will go back to liberty after lol)

Sent from my Liberated DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

fathcarter

Reaction score
Seriously tho ang!! Y make an announcement like that with no follow thru. I mean we are appreciative and love what u have done, but now we don't even know what's going on, no updates. The get r done team is awesome. I have flash the liberty rom, but can't take the sensor problems. Still alot of bugs.. I need a fission update bro::::

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
Everyone rejoice

Hey Angdroid IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go check twitter!!!!!

ripxoid

Reaction score
WOO HOO and he said he got his creative juices flowwing again too. More greatness to come and with new competition with Team Get~r~done working on their generic themer.

notehillz

Reaction score
Ok I follow angdroid to stay on top D2G any other inspiring creator I should know about on twitter far as D2G???

BigJermZ

Reaction score
Any new news about fission being done?

tebower

Reaction score
Right now, the server is showing as down. That's probably a good sign that he is working on it, and maybe when he is done fixing whatever was wrong, the ROMs will be released.

If you check his Twitter feed, the poor guy is pretty much getting blasted (in kind ways) with requests about the status of the D2G update. Maybe now he gets that it should be a priority. In fact, I am surprised that most Dev's don't get that the D2G is more of a priority than the D2. The D2 has been discontinued and is not being sold anymore. The D2G shows no signs of being canceled anytime soon - so it's probably time to move onto a phone that's not EOL. I know that even the OG Droid is still kicking, and it should - but phones that are still being sold are going to have bigger audiences than phones that are being traded in more and more every day.

xPhoenix777

Reaction score
Right now, the server is showing as down. That's probably a good sign that he is working on it, and maybe when he is done fixing whatever was wrong, the ROMs will be released.

If you check his Twitter feed, the poor guy is pretty much getting blasted (in kind ways) with requests about the status of the D2G update. Maybe now he gets that it should be a priority. In fact, I am surprised that most Dev's don't get that the D2G is more of a priority than the D2. The D2 has been discontinued and is not being sold anymore. The D2G shows no signs of being canceled anytime soon - so it's probably time to move onto a phone that's not EOL. I know that even the OG Droid is still kicking, and it should - but phones that are still being sold are going to have bigger audiences than phones that are being traded in more and more every day.

Agreed, but the issue is that many of the Devs might only have a D2, so we might have to push and donate money to those who only have the D2 so they can upgrade or buy a D2G.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

The problem with that is most of them don't have d2g's, just d2's. There are small differences that makes d2g romming different than d2.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

jaygorman

Reaction score
Ang posted new twitter update I guess he's looking for suggestions.

draexo

Reaction score
Ang posted new twitter update I guess he's looking for suggestions.

I took his tweet to mean that he was still working on getting Global up to current version of Fission. The suggestions was more of a general request for suggestions than one specific to the Global.

Here is the tweet:

On Tuesday 15th February 2011, @AngDroid said:
Suggestions for changes needed. Holding off pull down widgets in status bar until gingerbread. Don't want to put in X amount of more hours to do it over again for gingerbread since gb framework. Working on DX themes, trying to get Global up to current fission builds and MMilestone II ROM which first beta will be out this week. Have alpha M2 ROM but radio not working yet, problem with dialer. Hit me up if you want to test other functions. Will not post alpha on forums.