DROID 2 global Fission Rom will be updated late pm or early am

tothenet

Reaction score
get real guys.. Now he is taking suggestions for future ROM and working on to Global get up to current fission build????? That's supposed to be done before server issue. He should have something in his hands to prove himself.. period.

tothenet

Reaction score
At least he proved one thing.. series of broken promises. that's him.

draexo

Reaction score

I must admit, it is bad form to announce a new release and then not produce it and then actually tweet that it is in the works and not really ready.
I think that is called "vaporware" in the computer realm.

I do not think it is a server issue at all. I think it was simply not ready or it was intended to be ready, but was more work than he thought.

To quote his tweet "trying to get Global up to current fission builds"

And that was tweeted today, so the 2.6 version of Fission Rom does seem to be vaporware - right from the devs mouth. What gives? Causes a serious lack of trust.

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
Well you know if he don't want to waste his time on this to much and wait for Gingerbread I'm not mad at him for that. I could live with that as long as Fission gets updated to current builds till then, but who knows if Gingerbread was to come out tomorrow and he had some bad as hail ROM ready to go I might forgive him and not hold to much of a grudge:noworktomorrow::beer2: :rofl2: but no fisson is an awesome rom and we all should be grateful to have it don't you think

Ohh on a side note how about them Honeycomb Tablets numnumnum I just want to eat one up:yeahbaby01::yahoo:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I must admit, it is bad form to announce a new release and then not produce it and then actually tweet that it is in the works and not really ready.
I think that is called "vaporware" in the computer realm.

I do not think it is a server issue at all. I think it was simply not ready or it was intended to be ready, but was more work than he thought.

To quote his tweet "trying to get Global up to current fission builds"

And that was tweeted today, so the 2.6 version of Fission Rom does seem to be vaporware - right from the devs mouth. What gives? Causes a serious lack of trust.

Or maybe he's fixing bugs that testers found after he said that? Personally it doesn't bother me because 1, he's the only real d2g dev and 2, i'm sure the delay is to get it working correctly..... You would be just as mad if he released a rom full of bugs because he rushed it and didn't have time to fix anything.

draexo

Reaction score
I appreciate his efforts and understand they are solo projects, but I do not appreciate the lack of honesty. It is like someone saying, "Hey, I baked a pie and I will bring you a slice tonight", only finding out they did not bake the pie, but instead they simply went to the store and bought the ingredients to bake the pie. They meant to bake the pie but simply never did. It breaks trust and leads to disappointment.

FWIW, I donated to the Fisson Rom project, even though I knew I might never flash his rom, just to support the cause. I am not waiting with baited breath to get the new Rom.

draexo

Reaction score
Angdroid's lies

So seriously, this is ok with everyone?

Here are Angdroid's tweets:

Feb 4th
"New DX & D2G ROMs will be posted late PM or early AM. Need to perform server maintenance and then ROMs will be posted."

Feb 5th
"Small issue with server...working on them now and new ROMs should be showing up when done."

Feb 5th
"@GerrenJones which one do you want, black or white. Get back to me quickly. will be gone most of next week :)"

Feb 6th
"@MentalChaos lol...no. between server issues and engagement ran out of free time. Next couple of days"

Feb13th
" Sorry for my hiatus. Was away for a week. Taking time today to settle back in and have most of the week off to catch up on Fission stuff. Yes, there will finally be a D2 Global update, DX will get the stock theme, Milestone2 ROM work has begun, thanks to all that helped me get one and some more changes will come down the line. Saving some of the bigger changes for gingerbread since it should be around the corner"

SO he makes it sound like the release is done and it is a server issue. Then he tells another user he will be away for a week, but tells us he had server issues and it would be a few days (see Feb 5th and 6th tweet). The comes Feb 13ths tweet that makes it sound like there is no update.

apollyon0810

Reaction score
I personally am a little disappointed. FWIW I donated $20 to the project. If it were free I wouldn't even be posting in this thread.

tebower

Reaction score
Charles, what now? The ROM isn't even done?

The internet tracks everything. He should not post such dishonest comments for all to see.

I do believe that he is working on it, but why continue to state, over a period of weeks and months...that it is done? He first promised that a D2G update was nearly ready on 1/6!

It's "under-promise and over-deliver"...not the other way around. I'm sad he's strung us along for so long and now there's still nothing. I don't want to spew hate, because I appreciate his work...but just sincerely tell us what is actually going on for once!

notehillz

Reaction score
I don't think I want to be the first to try the rom if he's getting bashed for not having it prepared on a set date of promises. You guys act like he might not have a form name on here and could just upload some unfinished rom that bricks all globals that attempt it..... patience yung grass hoppers

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You guys act like he might not have a form name on here and could just upload some unfinished rom that bricks all globals that attempt it..... patience yung grass hoppers

I agree with that on so many levels.... i mean come on, if you want an update so bad start making it yourself. I takes time and theres bugs with anything.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

ripxoid

Reaction score
You guys act like he might not have a form name on here and could just upload some unfinished rom that bricks all globals that attempt it..... patience yung grass hoppers

I agree with that on so many levels.... i mean come on, if you want an update so bad start making it yourself. I takes time and theres bugs with anything.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

Couldn't agree more. I can't code I know that. I'm studying, but please people multi million dollar companies push back release dates all the time. And one man that works for literally tips, gets this BS. You all need to just chill.

MARPAT

Sent from my cool running rooted Droid 2 Global running fission 2.4.3