DROID 2 global Fission Rom will be updated late pm or early am

Swirly

Reaction score
Yeah, we waiting on the update to drop. I guess it'll b later today or 2morrow... idk??

Sent from my D2G w/ Fission

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Where is it? Ha patience is.being tested

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

mreyn3693

Reaction score
I guess maybe the small server issue turned out to be a big one?:icon_eek:

So, will the updates for d2g just show up in FRM when they are available? I keep checking that and angdroids tweets for updates but nothing. I am hoping it is still happening tonight some time. If not, I guess i'll keep waiting with the rest of ya.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I just started using fission last night and I love it. I hope I can find some of the missing things I haven't been able to yet like voice commands which don't seem to be working.

Guess I shall hold my questions until after the update

Swirly

Reaction score
Shoo all of us is waiting... (keeps look'n at FRM)

Sent from my D2G w/ Fission

jaygorman

Reaction score
Im tired of being strung along on an endless train when will these updates be posted? first it was yesterday then early this morning now what?

ripxoid

Reaction score
Dude and dudettes, chill TeamDefuse is pretty much one coder working on 4 plus devices with a handful of themers. Trust me Angdroid is not going to give us crapware he only does quality as can be seen in the fact that we all run fission and are getting impatient. You don't want to piss off our only code or he might just drop our project all together. 2.4.x is a great AOSP Rom, and 2.6.x will be great too, server issues happen. Not to mention his christmas time accident.

Instead of complaining we should be ready to donate (again) when quality is released.

MARPAT

Sent from my cool running rooted Droid 2 Global running fission 2.4.3

jaygorman

Reaction score
Im ready to donate as soon as i get this rom update does anyone know of any specifications on the new update?

tebower

Reaction score
I'm done waiting. No one is questioning the quality of work or what not. However, continuing to advertise a 'release date' or time frame for a release, and then not making it available is needlessly misleading. I'd prefer he just tweet that it's done and available, instead of all this 'coming soon' followed by nothing.

I'm sure he's a nice guy. I would certainly consider donating again, but only when I have something to see. I don't have that yet.

jaygorman

Reaction score
I wish more people would learn to appreciate the D2G and make some roms I think the global is the best phone out and I've had my fair share of runs with all the droids. Has anyone heard any news about the changelog in this fission update.

ripxoid

Reaction score
I agree the d2g is a great phone... the problem comes in where the D2 and the D2G look similiar on the outside the hardware is completely different which makes implimenting the new changes a lot harder... as far as the 2.6 change log it should be similiar to the D2 cl on the other threads.

And I'm not donating until the rom is out either. But I'm prepared to if it is the same caliber as this one.
It seems waiting is all we can do since we don't have the option to reflash roms like other devices fission is pretty much it, it's quality tho and that's what I like.

jaygorman

Reaction score
Soo.. I just spent 5.00 Dollars on a donation to get the full version of the rom manager and nothings different except the moto music player... What's up with that on the site it talks about new themes and so no but no nothing...

mreyn3693

Reaction score
Soo.. I just spent 5.00 Dollars on a donation to get the full version of the rom manager and nothings different except the moto music player... What's up with that on the site it talks about new themes and so no but no nothing...

Ha, I'm not sure but I was looking forward to more stuff when i donated for the full FRM also. I needed to donate anyway so not too big of a deal. I think maybe there were more themes for some of the other devices? not sure really.

I also just noticed while bored and messing around in FRM that there must still be an issue with the servers. I tried to download a few items and all I got was permission denied. Either there is still trouble or maybe the updates are being uploaded to the server? :)

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Dude and dudettes, chill TeamDefuse is pretty much one coder working on 4 plus devices with a handful of themers. Trust me Angdroid is not going to give us crapware he only does quality as can be seen in the fact that we all run fission and are getting impatient. You don't want to piss off our only code or he might just drop our project all together. 2.4.x is a great AOSP Rom, and 2.6.x will be great too, server issues happen. Not to mention his christmas time accident.

Instead of complaining we should be ready to donate (again) when quality is released.

MARPAT

+1 nice post!dancedroid

Reaction score
I'm done waiting. No one is questioning the quality of work or what not. However, continuing to advertise a 'release date' or time frame for a release, and then not making it available is needlessly misleading. I'd prefer he just tweet that it's done and available, instead of all this 'coming soon' followed by nothing.

I'm sure he's a nice guy. I would certainly consider donating again, but only when I have something to see. I don't have that yet.

Dude. Valve is a multimillion dollar company and they don't keep to release dates. Microsoft doesn't release updates on time. Duke Nukem Forever has been in development hell for over a decade, or most of my adult lifetime. ONE guy working on multiple ROMs will do what he can. If you're unhappy with wait times, then start learning to code and start trying to port your own ROMs like I and a few others have.