Droid 2 global d2g GINGERBREAD DEFINITELY COMING!

freightdog

Reaction score
I am talking about countries like Argentina or Canada which use the same American GSM bands. I think the middle east uses the 2100 Mhz band that i believe it has no problems. Maybe it is related to the ban Verizon put for us not to use the AT&T network.

I have the same problems in the middle east as I do europe and asia. Constant loss of signal, switching between bands, and loss of data service.

UNC

Reaction score
I am talking about countries like Argentina or Canada which use the same American GSM bands. I think the middle east uses the 2100 Mhz band that i believe it has no problems. Maybe it is related to the ban Verizon put for us not to use the AT&T network.

I have the same problems in the middle east as I do europe and asia. Constant loss of signal, switching between bands, and loss of data service.

That's weird, a buddy of mine went to Kuwait to do contracting work and he said his D2G has been "brilliant". He told me he has better data and voice with the GSM radio than he did with the CDMA one...

patfactorx

Reaction score
Just a reminder that droid x 1 has gingerbread but not the DX2 lol. Moto is doing some weird things with these updates.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
^ Well, technically GB for Droid1 isn't officially supported (or supported at all for that matter) from Moto, it was built by 3rd party developers. Someone chime in if I am absolutely wrong/missed a HUGE announcement in the last few months.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Moto is in a hurry to put out new hardware. That's why they didn't gb for the x2. Of course, it also took a few builds before vzw even let it out on the x. The leak on the pro was just that. No one in the d2g test has provided a leak yet, but that is most likely because they are all dev phones using the test build and no consumers. Quite a few on this forum and moto forums have asked to be in a test build, no one has gotten an invite. The d2 got froyo first, so maybe it's fanbase pushback on the media and true professional phone that are making the attention higher on the other phones. The d2g is listed as an entertainment phone on motodev, not a media or executive device. Fell short on the totem pole. But even on froyo, at least angelrom keeps the speed up to par....can't wait til he implements more core updates.
Sent from a D2G Dark Angel

hgrimberg

Reaction score
Any news about the update? Rumors?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

fozz

Reaction score

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I would assume that they're allowing the update in a “wave” fashion, so the servers providing the downloads don't get overloaded. It would make sense, and I think that's how it was with the .330 update as well.

snowride20

Reaction score
Just reverted my D2G to stock. Removed the hijack file and uprooted then rebooted. Tried to check for updates and nothing. Is GB actually available yet? Is there more then just the hijack file that I must remove. I can't sbf right now.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you also delete the logwrapper file and rename the logwrapper.bin file to just logwrapper?

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-Gingercomb Juiced

fozz

Reaction score
I would assume that they're allowing the update in a “wave” fashion, so the servers providing the downloads don't get overloaded. It would make sense, and I think that's how it was with the .330 update as well.

I called VZ customer service and that's what they told me. They put it out in stages and I just hadn't been selected yet. She said I could go to the VZ store and they could push it on to the phone.

Unfortunately, the nearest VZ store is 50 miles away. Guess I'll have to wait.

WrightPC

Reaction score
SBF, unroot, etc

Extra files, modified system files, etc will not prevent the update from downloading. When the update tries to install it checks for the presence of a list of files and will not install if the list isn't right.

Morrissey

Reaction score
Extra files, modified system files, etc will not prevent the update from downloading. When the update tries to install it checks for the presence of a list of files and will not install if the list isn't right.

Thanks for that, I was wondering what would happen if i wasnt stock

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if one needs to unroot before they can see the update? I have reinstalled the bloat, removed bootstrap/custom recovery, but still can't see the update.

Those who HAVE the update, have you tried to root it yet using z4root or Gingerbreak.apk?