droid 2 global built in VPN?

leobg

Reaction score
Yes. D2g sports a fully blown ipsec vpn client, which works nice once you figure out profile you need to connect it with your vpn gateway. Confirmed to work nice with Cisco and Sonicwall enterprise vpn solutions.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
B

babbock

Reaction score
thats good to know. Is this something that verizon has on ANY other droids, or the original droid 2, or only on the droid 2 global? Any word if the anyone is working on a generic android app that can do this?

kelemvor

Reaction score
There's a junos pulse app on the market that will connect to juniper networks vpn, presumably works on other phones as well.

leobg

Reaction score
Droid 2 global and Droid PRO only have the Authentec sourced embedded VPN. Too bad it cannot be ported to other devices as it depends on a special kernel module, sources of which aren't open.

wilmoo13

Reaction score
Windows 7 VPN

I know that this is probably pushing the envelope but figured I would ask. I currently have a Windows 7 Ultimate machine on my home/business network setup for VPN access. It is behind a router with port 1723 routed directly to the machine. On the road, my laptop (also Windows 7 Ultimate) can do a VPN connection over a wireless Internet connection. Once established I use a "net use ..." command to attach shares from my office server. It is sort of a kludge but it works perfectly, is secure and relatively fast. The built-in VPN on the D2G has almost no configuration information other than a server name/address and a connect command. Anyone been in this area or know of another thread that might address it?

hgrimberg

Reaction score
Can you set up a vpn connection using the Teamviewer vpn connection? Or maybe dropbox as the server? Any ideas?