D2G Gingerbread issues

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by Graymayre, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Graymayre

Graymayre Member

Ratings:
    +1
    First issue I've run into running Gingerbread on my D2G is that during a call, my backlight will not come on by pressing the power button. I have to slide out my keyboard to get it to come on now. Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

2. captain howdy

captain howdy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got GB, 1st things I noticed are. The touch screen seems to be extremely laggy. The keyboard is also laggy. And programs seem to force close alot, overall not that impressed with it. I will give it a week but if these do not improve im going to sbf back to froyo

3. satoru

satoru Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been using the .607 leak and the only problem I got so far was that google maps/nav gives a fc every so often. I went to recovery, fix permissions, and no more problems.

Edit:im is there a difference between the ota and the leak?

#3 satoru, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  4. cloudn9ne

cloudn9ne New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the exact same in call issues running the TBH rooted leak and CM7. Are you running the official version or the TBH leak?

5. mr.inter

mr.inter Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When trying to install applications from apk files, the installation button does not respond and I can't install anything!

Edit: And when trying to view contacts it's taking me back to the contact list.

#5 mr.inter, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  6. Byakushiki

Byakushiki Member

Ratings:
    +3
    You're probably getting that because you froze yahoo contacts and the authenticators. Freeze any of those using bloat freezer or anything that freezes apps, contacts won't work. And guys, wipe your battery stats after you charge it fully, then let it drain. Battery will drain faster right after update since the phone is getting used to the new firmware; don't expect instant perfection. Also, why don't you actually try using the built in task manager. For something moto pre-loaded onto these phones, it actually does a decent job.

7. satoru

satoru Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is what i did and my battery seems to be getting better everyday. at the same time i can never seem to get more then 12 hrs with it anymore. even on hexen froyo. do you think my battery could be bad after a year? i agree about the task manager i have been using it and it helps.

8. Byakushiki

Byakushiki Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Just give it some time. The phone needs to adjust some patterns (it's smart, but not perfect). Same applies to battery. I'd also suggest going into running services and ending unnecessary services. My running services with gingerbread were settings, Lookout, Data manager, google services framework. Everything else is generally safe to stop.

9. maxwellag

maxwellag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My phone randomly restarted itself when I was composing a text message. Wow. (After I update to gingerbread view ota)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

10. Byakushiki

Byakushiki Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Are you guys using screen protectors? They can screw up the proximity sensor. Same applies somewhat to brightness.

11. Montavius

Montavius New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    The OTA update was installed this afternoon, so only two superficial observations right now. I can't find the battery usage percentage that was formerly in the settings module. And the green LED (normally an email notification) blinks for no apparent reason. Ideas? Thanks.

12. Byakushiki

Byakushiki Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Shouldn't it be in the same place? Battery manager or data manager. Either that, or they followed GB's standard settings app and stuck it under the Applications submenu. Oh and I just found this out, 2.3.3 does not support .flac audio for some reason. Guess I'll hold off on the update. If anyone is wondering what FLAC is, it stands for Free-Lossless-Audio-Codec, similar to mp3 but it retains the full detail of the original recording. Much of my music is in .flac.