D2G Gingerbread issues

Graymayre

Reaction score
First issue I've run into running Gingerbread on my D2G is that during a call, my backlight will not come on by pressing the power button. I have to slide out my keyboard to get it to come on now. Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

captain howdy

Reaction score
Just got GB, 1st things I noticed are. The touch screen seems to be extremely laggy. The keyboard is also laggy. And programs seem to force close alot, overall not that impressed with it. I will give it a week but if these do not improve im going to sbf back to froyo

satoru

Reaction score
I have been using the .607 leak and the only problem I got so far was that google maps/nav gives a fc every so often. I went to recovery, fix permissions, and no more problems.

Edit:im is there a difference between the ota and the leak?

Last edited:

cloudn9ne

Reaction score
I have the exact same in call issues running the TBH rooted leak and CM7. Are you running the official version or the TBH leak?

mr.inter

Reaction score
When trying to install applications from apk files, the installation button does not respond and I can't install anything!

Edit: And when trying to view contacts it's taking me back to the contact list.

Last edited:

Byakushiki

Reaction score
You're probably getting that because you froze yahoo contacts and the authenticators. Freeze any of those using bloat freezer or anything that freezes apps, contacts won't work. And guys, wipe your battery stats after you charge it fully, then let it drain. Battery will drain faster right after update since the phone is getting used to the new firmware; don't expect instant perfection. Also, why don't you actually try using the built in task manager. For something moto pre-loaded onto these phones, it actually does a decent job.

satoru

Reaction score
You're probably getting that because you froze yahoo contacts and the authenticators. Freeze any of those using bloat freezer or anything that freezes apps, contacts won't work. And guys, wipe your battery stats after you charge it fully, then let it drain. Battery will drain faster right after update since the phone is getting used to the new firmware; don't expect instant perfection. Also, why don't you actually try using the built in task manager. For something moto pre-loaded onto these phones, it actually does a decent job.

This is what i did and my battery seems to be getting better everyday. at the same time i can never seem to get more then 12 hrs with it anymore. even on hexen froyo. do you think my battery could be bad after a year? i agree about the task manager i have been using it and it helps.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Just give it some time. The phone needs to adjust some patterns (it's smart, but not perfect). Same applies to battery. I'd also suggest going into running services and ending unnecessary services. My running services with gingerbread were settings, Lookout, Data manager, google services framework. Everything else is generally safe to stop.

maxwellag

Reaction score
My phone randomly restarted itself when I was composing a text message. Wow. (After I update to gingerbread view ota)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Byakushiki

Reaction score
First issue I've run into running Gingerbread on my D2G is that during a call, my backlight will not come on by pressing the power button. I have to slide out my keyboard to get it to come on now. Anyone else experience this?

Are you guys using screen protectors? They can screw up the proximity sensor. Same applies somewhat to brightness.

Montavius

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid 2 Global
The OTA update was installed this afternoon, so only two superficial observations right now. I can't find the battery usage percentage that was formerly in the settings module. And the green LED (normally an email notification) blinks for no apparent reason. Ideas? Thanks.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Shouldn't it be in the same place? Battery manager or data manager. Either that, or they followed GB's standard settings app and stuck it under the Applications submenu. Oh and I just found this out, 2.3.3 does not support .flac audio for some reason. Guess I'll hold off on the update. If anyone is wondering what FLAC is, it stands for Free-Lossless-Audio-Codec, similar to mp3 but it retains the full detail of the original recording. Much of my music is in .flac.

Mamba94

Reaction score

I am having the same issue.

WTFROFLBBQ

Reaction score
I've been having problems with my keyboard at night...it doesn't want to light up...I have to lock the screen then unlock and then it will work.... other than that everything works fine.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL