D2G Gingerbread issues

mrgeekguy

Reaction score
Just got the Gingerbread update yesterday, and noticed when I put it on my desktop dock the bottom lights stay on full bright, which is annoying, especially at night.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

SteveIrv

Reaction score
The OTA update was installed this afternoon, so only two superficial observations right now. I can't find the battery usage percentage that was formerly in the settings module. And the green LED (normally an email notification) blinks for no apparent reason. Ideas? Thanks.

Battery status can be seen at:

menu/settings/about phone/status

The green light can be blinking as notification of a lot of things, not just e-mail. I've got mine set to blink blue when I get a txt message......check to see what's in your notification bar.

iguanad

Reaction score

The green light can be blinking as notification of a lot of things, not just e-mail. I've got mine set to blink blue when I get a txt message......check to see what's in your notification bar.

How do you get your LED to blink blue for a text msg.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

WTFROFLBBQ

Reaction score
I can do it too with GO sms heck I can pick any color I want for whoever I want. I can also change the icon for said person as well. Pretty awesome app...and its free..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Bigbunny

Reaction score
sigh. I am having issues.

First, the phone keeps rebooting. A few minutes ago it froze entirely, for the first time since I've had it.

Second, documents to go is now different. I cannot tab at the beginning of a paragraph...it indents the whole stupid paragraph.

Any suggestions? I was so excited, but now just annoyed.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

hgrimberg

Reaction score
When I use the Files app, try to look for a photo on the sd card, the app just dessapears, it closes by itself.

mr.inter

Reaction score
Every time I turn on wifi or 3G i'm getting a message 'Download of update failed'. I'm of course running official Gingerbread and rooted. When I go to System updates it tells me that an update is being downloaded and after that I get 'Download of update failed'. Has any body encountered this?

Montavius

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid 2 Global

Thanks SteveIrv. There are no notifications. That's what's frustrating. I did notice that as the battery got very low, the LED blinked red. I'll check for some battery status indicator in settings.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Every time I turn on wifi or 3G i'm getting a message 'Download of update failed'. I'm of course running official Gingerbread and rooted. When I go to System updates it tells me that an update is being downloaded and after that I get 'Download of update failed'. Has any body encountered this?
Have you tried checking /cache and such for an incompletely downloaded update file?

Asphyx

Reaction score
If your running anyting but stock unrooted Froyo you will not get the Moto Update it will not work and will not install.
Inter you said you were already on GB so forgive me if you were talking about some other update and not the Moto one.

mr.inter

Reaction score
No worries, the weird thing is that i'm on GB and it's trying to re-download the update. Something is messed up i'm afraid!

Mr.Craig

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Hi Guys. New here. Been reading awhile but finally had a reason to post.

Liking Gingerbread so far but I have a pretty serious issue. When my battery gets to 40% it drops to 20%. This has happened two days in a row with fairly light usage (listening to 45 minutes of podcasts, a few e-mails and screen on for 40 minutes total after 8 and a half hours.

I am stock and am using GoLauncher EX. Not sure what I should do.

iguanad

Reaction score
The apps installed on my sd card disappear from my home screens after i connect to my pc. Anyone else seen this. A reboot did not fix it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk