Gingerbread update for D2G unknown

Byakushiki

Reaction score
List of current stuff broken...(C'mon, there's a bug thread over at rootzwiki actually)
Camera is mirrored (you can unmirror it by flipping modes, does the trick)
Battery drains a little quick, better than stock blur for most though (True with all 2nd init roms it seems)
Bluetooth...it works but other caller can't hear you. Oh and I believe somewhere it was said our Bluetooth bug is the opposite of the D2's Bluetooth bug.

Otherwise, nothing more is broken. Boot animation doesn't count. It's just slow, that's all.

hgrimberg

Reaction score
Is the famous gsm connectivity issue fixed with this gingerbread rom?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Byakushiki

Reaction score
That depends on if you have a good D2G or not. GSM worked quite well during a Canada trip for me.

hgrimberg

Reaction score
That depends on if you have a good D2G or not. GSM worked quite well during a Canada trip for me.

It probably worked well if you were roaming with the verizon cdma network but it has been reported many times from a lot of canadians using local sim cards that the connectivity is really bad. Same problem happens in Southamerica. It is a gsm firmware issue and it will supposedly be fixed on the gingerbread update. My question was if this issue is fixed in the gingerbread used on cm7 or if in terms of gsm connectivity there were no improvements.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
List of current stuff broken...(C'mon, there's a bug thread over at rootzwiki actually)
Camera is mirrored (you can unmirror it by flipping modes, does the trick)
Battery drains a little quick, better than stock blur for most though (True with all 2nd init roms it seems)
Bluetooth...it works but other caller can't hear you. Oh and I believe somewhere it was said our Bluetooth bug is the opposite of the D2's Bluetooth bug.

Otherwise, nothing more is broken. Boot animation doesn't count. It's just slow, that's all.

what do you mean "flipping modes" for the camera fix?

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Switch from camera and camcorder back and forth

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
So Byakushiki, since you are running CM for your D2G, is it worth running right now, or should someone wait? ( i might go back to stock, or back to Angel )

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
It probably worked well if you were roaming with the verizon cdma network
Can you elaborate?

Byakushiki stated he used GSM in Canada and it worked well. You state that he was probably “roaming with the verizon cdma network” (quoted).

I'm not sure, but does Verizon have their own network running in Canada?
If not, which carrier do they have CDMA roaming agreements with?

This controversy has piqued my interest.

P.S. I am using Cyanogenmod port on my D2G on GSM. There's no CDMA service here at all. Everything works perfectly. Am I still “roaming with the verizon cdma network” when my phone was never activated on Verizon, and uses GSM/WCDMA-only radio mode with a local SIM?

I also had zero issues with GSM on stock 2.4.330. Both rooted and non-rooted.

Last edited:

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Used a different sim, rogers I think. Cheaper.

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

hgrimberg

Reaction score
It probably worked well if you were roaming with the verizon cdma network
Can you elaborate?

Byakushiki stated he used GSM in Canada and it worked well. You state that he was probably “roaming with the verizon cdma network” (quoted).

I'm not sure, but does Verizon have their own network running in Canada?
If not, which carrier do they have CDMA roaming agreements with?

This controversy has piqued my interest.

P.S. I am using Cyanogenmod port on my D2G on GSM. There's no CDMA service here at all. Everything works perfectly. Am I still “roaming with the verizon cdma network” when my phone was never activated on Verizon, and uses GSM/WCDMA-only radio mode with a local SIM?

I also had zero issues with GSM on stock 2.4.330. Both rooted and non-rooted.

Sorry, I didnt realized you said you were using gsm.
Well, there were many reports of people in Canada using Rogers and having a lot of connectivity issues. Basically, the phone disconnects from the network every now and then and you end up missing a lot of calls.
I do have a lot of issues here in Argentina as well. When a Milestone 2 has 3 bars, I have only 1.
My question was if in this new cm7 that is based on Gingerbread, the gsm connectivity is improved.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
CM7 runs on the same kernel and baseband firmware as stock.

Update: camera now works properly in the most current CM7 with proprietary files from 2.4.330 stock firmware (worldofross from rootzwiki has stumbled upon this fact).

Just built a new update package; it indeed works fine right off the bat. No vertical flipping going on.

Last edited:

captain howdy

Reaction score
Its is amazing how every single thread about the GB update always turns into,conversation about moding your phone. Which has nothing to do with the original topic. People please keep in mind some of us have no intention of hacking our phones and this sifting thru pages of talk about moding your phone just to find info about the original topic is getting old. So please stay on topic. And if you want to talk about Roms pleas start a new thread instead of flooding the GB topic. Thank you and have a good day

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its is amazing how every single thread about the GB update always turns into,conversation about moding your phone. Which has nothing to do with the original topic. People please keep in mind some of us have no intention of hacking our phones and this sifting thru pages of talk about moding your phone just to find info about the original topic is getting old. So please stay on topic. And if you want to talk about Roms pleas start a new thread instead of flooding the GB topic. Thank you and have a good day

Because stock sucks. Look at the OTA for the Droid X. It was terrible and had tons of issues. I see no reason why a D2G OTA will be any better than the DX.

CM74DX

Reaction score

Ok, since we're staying on topic:

"HEY, DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHEN THE D2G WILL GET GINGERBREAD??!?"

"STILL NO?!"

"OK, MOVE ALONG, NOTHING TO SEE HERE."