Droid 2 global d2g GINGERBREAD DEFINITELY COMING!

wildbill86

Reaction score
Why would they post all that if the ota update hasn't been fully implemented yet?

Sent from my rooted D2G

OP
Bense

Bense

Reaction score
has anyone talked to anyone from verizon regarding this? i kinda wanna call them out, just to see what they say.

WrightPC

Reaction score
has anyone talked to anyone from verizon regarding this? i kinda wanna call them out, just to see what they say.

Tier 2 support has not been trained on the update for the D2G yet. They said that they were trained on the Droid X three days before it was pushed to phones. A motorola driven soak test was started more than a week before the Droid X update was pushed to the general public. The D2G soak test hasn't started yet.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

60lpsdf250

Reaction score

I spoke with Verizon late last week. She did not know anything about an update. Of course who know what level she was or how much she knows/knows.

Very symptomatic of the problem with Verizon. Left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
i think we all should either just suck it up and wait for the OTA, be apart of the soak test ( i hope i get the advantage of that ) and deal with 2.2 for the time being, or custom roms. i have dealt with Mark from Moto when i did the cliq soak test, he is honestly just a messenger and gets a lot of flack because he is a Moto Moderator

* i think i would call them about it and ask, whats the worst that could happen? a waste of time and minutes, and we are in the same place we are now lol **

Last edited:

Ryujin13

Reaction score
From my point of view I just wanna know why Motorola says its not ready and a possible ETA, I'd imagine there would be less complaining if we all had a bit more information rather than relying on speculation and hearsay

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
From my point of view I just wanna know why Motorola says its not ready and a possible ETA, I'd imagine there would be less complaining if we all had a bit more information rather than relying on speculation and hearsay

Having dealt with the SAME thing with the cliq and this issue, Moto will have it under wraps till they want it released, not gonna change that. and again when i dealt with that, they always played SOON or sometime in this quarter crap. we will get it when we do.

Asphyx

Reaction score
I'm going to be a complete optimist and hope the delay is due to them inserting the code that lets you unlock the bootloader!

Could be delayed for any millions of reasons.

Most likely the confusion was Moto Missed a deadline and no one bothered to tell the guy who runs the website!

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
That is something we are all hoping for... who knows

rusty815

Reaction score
I'm going to be a complete optimist and hope the delay is due to them inserting the code that lets you unlock the bootloader!

Could be delayed for any millions of reasons.

Most likely the confusion was Moto Missed a deadline and no one bothered to tell the guy who runs the website!

well the atrix bootloader was unlocked, so theres a possibility the D2G could see the same thing.

Asphyx

Reaction score
Having read some new stuff on the Atrix unlock it would appear that it involves flashing a separate SBF that can turn off the encryption lock so it is not very likely that the delay has anything to do with the bootloader.

Really just wishful thinking on my part! LOL

The GB update for Atrix also has the option if I'm not mistaken but if it were in the D2G version I would expect the D2 and DX to have it as well!

I'm betting that the D2G is going to be the only one never to unlock for no other reason than VZW wanting to lock out US GSM carriers.

If they unlock the Bootloader then that will not really be possible for VZW anymore.

Would be nice to see us unlocked but I would be happy if 13th and Bikerdude merely get CM7 running for us! lol

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
GSM carrier lock is built into the radio, not the boot loader.

Unlocking boot loader won't give you access to the radio firmware.

Asphyx

Reaction score
GSM carrier lock is built into the radio, not the boot loader.

Unlocking boot loader won't give you access to the radio firmware.

No but by unlocking the bootloader we could also flash a custom Radio firmware as well.

Burrently that is only possible via Moto Official release. Once the Bootloader is unlocked the radio is open as well since you can flash a radio at the same time you flash a kernel!

Right now with the Bootloder locked you can't flash anything but a system folder. Once the bootloader is unlocked you can pretty much flash whatever you want without the problems of encryption.

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
we can only hope that they will unlock the bootloader, we would all love that. to be honest, i dont care if it does or doesnt. i just want a rooted d2g with gingerbread. thats all. i dont think i will have this phone much longer... i want my hands on the Droid Bionic Targa... that looks like a beast!