Droid 2 Global Battery Life

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by BackSeatSuicide, Jan 1, 2011.

1. speltrong

speltrong Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting - I'll have to try SetCPU next. Right now I'm seeing about two days per charge on the stock battery, but I'm not a heavy user - details below.

I rooted, installed AutoKiller and set it to the Moderate preset. I run Advanced Task Killer once after a reboot (and everything loads up and settles down) to kill a bunch of apps that inexplicably run at startup. I ran buryboi's awesome bloatware removal script , but manually put back BatteryManager (so I can see usage stats). I have GPS/BT/WiFi/Push all off (unless needed). Brightness is always at 25%. The only Android widget I'm using is PowerControl, and I have SimiClock with the weather and battery indicators on and one SimiFolder - otherwise my homescreens (LauncherPro Plus) are blank. Battery manager is set to Nighttime Saver.

I use the phone fairly lightly throughout the day when I'm home - Facebook once in awhile, an email or two, maybe a call, Google something... all told maybe an hour or two of usage and the rest standby. I just ran the battery down to 15% and plugged it in, so I'm going to do a true test today and post my results.

2. dtalitho

dtalitho New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I called Verizon with a battery problem and they sent me a new one no problem. Now I just keep a charged extra one with me.

3. ExodusC

ExodusC Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I just got back from the Verizon store, where they gave me a new battery... We'll see if it makes a difference, though.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global using the DroidForums App.

4. dtalitho

dtalitho New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have found that my battery discharges if left plugged in after it reaches full charge. I told Verizon and they sent me a new battery. It still discharges. Then I tried plugging it into AC outlet rather than USB, still discharges. I get much better results charging it, then unplugging it. Now I keep the extra battery charged and with me!

5. NiceGuysFinishLast

Ratings:
    +0

Read this post. Your phone's battery is SUPPOSED to work that way. It's not a defect, it's how it's made.

6. ExodusC

ExodusC Member

Ratings:
    +5
    That's an intended effect, Android phones work that way.

I didn't leave my phone plugged in. I'm saying I lost 75% of my battery while the phone was idle over the course of 6 or 7 hours, which is ridiculous.

On a side note, my new battery, which came 70% charged, is now down to 30% over the course of 2 and 1/2 hours of light use.

This seems a little ridiculous. Maybe FissionROM has some kind of bug, or my Droid is defective?

7. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    One of the primary rules of hacking and modding is to know what the regular behavor is. If I were you, I'd revert to stock and use your phone for a week so you have a baseline for what "normal" is.

It's easier to find and diagnose problems that way.

8. NiceGuysFinishLast

Ratings:
    +0

I wasn't quoting you. Read closer. :)

9. ExodusC

ExodusC Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Normally I would, but the stock Droid 2 Global ROM is so awful compared to stock Android... I find it almost unusable.

10. LGOP

LGOP New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Extended battery arrived in the mail today, hopefully no more battery concerns. I would rather not have to worry about battery conservation.

11. ExodusC

ExodusC Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I just placed an order on the extended battery...

The extra size of the battery seems inconsequential if I can get better battery life.

12. K20turbo

K20turbo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the ext battery is awesome. I wasnt too keen with the form factor, i love the extra usage time I was able to obtain from using the ext battery.

If you guys have widgets those kill battery too.
    i was running dictionary, urban dictionary, and news feeds to all the packages. I saves a lot of battery life by removing those widgets.

Search tags for this page
android droid 2 global dies

droid 2 global battery dies fast

droid 2 global phone dieing fast
how to make droid 2 global battery last longer
stop apps from running d2g
what is droid news retrieval service
whats so special about motorola droid 2 global

why does my droid 2 global die so fast

why does the droid 2 die so fast
why is my droid 2 global dying so fast