Droid 2 Global Battery Life

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by BackSeatSuicide, Jan 1, 2011.

1. kptphalkon

kptphalkon Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Ahh no i mean it is stock android behavior to limit the proc when not in use, but using setcpu basically rewrites the values in android. It isnt interfering with anything, only modifying the already existing values.

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

2. Mr. Killzone

Mr. Killzone New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For me, buying an extended battery and managing what apps and programs are running, the Droid 2 is a very good phone. The only main complaint from people seems to be battery life. I prefer the Droid to the Blackberry because it seems that the Droid Market has many more free apps than the BB and, in my opinion, is easier to navigate and use.

3. dtalitho

dtalitho New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After having my D2G a month I have realized several things.

1- ALWAYS charge via AC plug not USB, it is faster. I can charge in the morning while I drink my coffee with no problem. (I was having issues leaving it plugged in all night)

2; I got a Multimedia station for work to listen to Sirius radio and it charges while I listen so this allows me to have full charge all day.

3; when I complained about the battery dis-charging during the night, Verizon sent me a new one. I charged it and keep it with me as a just in case.

Basically I just adjusted my habits to fit this amazing phone. It is SO WORTH IT!

4. zero7404

zero7404 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    theres no disputing that the phone is a hotrod of current smartphones ... it's hardware specs are pretty high up there.

but to your point on item 1, have you observed some other undesirable characteristics when charging via USB ? a computer with the correct drivers installed should deliver the correct trickle power to charge the phone properly. i use both USB and outlet charger, so far i haven't been able to tell much difference ...

i would say the outlet charger is better equipped to filter and condition the power being sent to the phone, so perhaps quality of power delivered may be a concern when charging LiIon batteries.

comparision i'm making is similar to comparisons made between tap water and filtered water. not all electricity is created equal either .... one example is a large theater or nightclub, which uses power conditioners to clean/filter ac power for it's equipment.

so a wall charger vs. usb would be the same comparison but on a smaller scale...

5. jbinbi

jbinbi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    kenstar, i am amazed at your numbers. I get those with my d1 doing nothing, i get 24 hrs with my d1 with some use like 10 min phone, 20 texts, and reading emails with ALL radios, gps, wifi, bt on. Not rooted, just a regular d1

but my d2g made it 8 hrs at best doing NOTHING, not being touched, with all radios (except wifi on). rooted and runnng setcpu.

I am going to see if this second phone does any better. If not, it's going back. I was at vzw getting a new one today. Originally, going to return, but they are burning me for a $35 restock fee, and that just pisses me off that I spend probably like 10 hrs reading forums etc. working to try to get my phone to do what the d1 already does.

6. mrapollinax

mrapollinax Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Using Fission and SetCPU profiles, Battery Left reports that a full charge on my phone nets me 26 hours of usage. I think the number might be a bit high but under normal corporate usage I can safely get about twenty hours of use out of my phone before I feel the need to re-charge.

7. NiceGuysFinishLast

Ratings:
    +0

It's a known fact that USB only charges at ~500mA and the wall charger provides up to 850mA... The wall charger charges faster. That's all there is to it.

8. kenstar

kenstar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did make a phone call though a short one.also I did play a game, mini squadron, for like 5 minutes.but this was not enough to impact battery life, thus it did not show.keep in mind I'm NOT using the extended battery as well.
    Note: I'm not trying to defend/prove anything, just sharing what I can get.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

9. NiceGuysFinishLast

Ratings:
    +0
    Wasn't accusing you of anything. I also get fantastic battery life (with the extended battery), just pointing out that with longevity comes sacrifices, or at least, adapting your usage style.

10. kenstar

kenstar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Rofl. I knew this would happen.that's why I said"note"

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

11. jbinbi

jbinbi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    kenstar, can you give us what your settings are: are you rooted, any roms, setcpu or similiar controller settings, background data enabled, etc?

12. kptphalkon

kptphalkon Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    See, the thing is that i have adapted my usage, forcing all data off and not running programs that sync, keeping display low, and even though im running stock from the store i can maybe handle 3 or 4 hours of continuous heavy use, WITH the extended batt.

Is this normal?

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

Search tags for this page
android droid 2 global dies

droid 2 global battery dies fast

droid 2 global phone dieing fast
how to make droid 2 global battery last longer
stop apps from running d2g
what is droid news retrieval service
whats so special about motorola droid 2 global

why does my droid 2 global die so fast

why does the droid 2 die so fast