how to extend the battery life?

EOK1335

Reaction score
hello every one i just got the phone a few days ago. most time it works pretty nice but i found the battery life really sucks...i turned of all the auto sync stuff, use task manager to kill backgrounding apps, and even reduced the cpu to 800mhz, it turns out a little bit better but still sucks and need to be charged 1-2 times everyday.

i can hardly live with this terrible battery life. does anyone have some ideas about how to save more battery? thx a lot for ur time

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Task Manager will cause you more problems down the road. Get rid of it.

There are probably a thousand battery threads in the forum. Everyone wants to know what to do. My advice is get an extra battery, a charger, a dock, and if they make one for the Droid Pro's battery a wall charger. Because if you use your phone a lot it's going to suck up the juice.

That's true of all Droids and most other smart phones. At least that's my experience.

OP
EOK1335

EOK1335

Reaction score
well i agree with u...cuz i have to wait 1 more month for my secong battery come to me so thats why i suffer now....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Psj77

Reaction score
I downloaded juice defender and its great! For me it basically just turns 3g on/off whenever I unlock/lock my phone!

Reaction score
I can't show you the actual battery usage screen, because it resets when you reboot the phone, but here's my battery app's readout:
korm2.png

That's with 11 straight hours of playing MP3s today at work, as well as some web browsing, texting, emailing, and voice calls.

LGOP

Reaction score
buy an extended battery from verizon. Got it in the mail in two days. No more worries.

OP
EOK1335

EOK1335

Reaction score
I can't show you the actual battery usage screen, because it resets when you reboot the phone, but here's my battery app's readout:
korm2.png

That's with 11 straight hours of playing MP3s today at work, as well as some web browsing, texting, emailing, and voice calls.

wow budd this is so great battery life! any tips for getting this?:p

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

leobg

Reaction score
Judging by the screen shot - by using 2G, disabled data, no background syncronization, bluetooth off and underclocking to 1GHz.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Judging by the screen shot - by using 2G, disabled data, no background syncronization, bluetooth off and underclocking to 1GHz.

And why not just turn the phone off? Ridiculous, you didn't by a smart phone to have to go through all that. Just get an extra battery, a way to charge it and you'll be fine.