Droid 2 Global Battery Life

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by BackSeatSuicide, Jan 1, 2011.

1. zero7404

zero7404 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    is the cpu behavior you mentioned part of stock android behavior ? if so, using setcpu may interfere with that .... so i should shoot a question over to the developer about this.

2. jbinbi

jbinbi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for this. just found this thread after reading and posting this in another shorter one.

i had a d1 which i loved. upgraded to d2g. not exactly a newbie with this stuff, but at this point, to do testing, i have swithced back to my d1. I am not a heavy user, but I have every radio on, bt, wfi, gps. I have about 10 min of call a day, 10 texts, use touchdown with activesync to get emails. I don't reply on the phone, but do check it when away from my desk. my d1 normally goes 24 hours before running out.

I have my d2g just sitting with wifi on. rooted. setcpu set to max of 1ghz. have bt, gps off. wifi will check emails of course, but i don't turn the screen on. i do have enable data to on however. phone lasts maybe 8 hours just sitting on my desk. i don't touch it. un acceptable. . shouldn't i get more than 8 hrs without it doing anythng?! I shouldn't have to purchase an extended battery to have the phone last 8hr essentially in standby. will try to turn off data, but thought this would prevent me from getting updates and email.

would really like to keep this d2g as i love the speed, no lags, and global.

a. does anyone know if the d2, not global has this issue? I do have the gms radio turned off, but i thought this is the only diff between phones.
    b. i am going to return this phone to vzw for another one to see if it fixes it. can't think of anything else.

3. ExodusC

ExodusC Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Please let me know if your new D2G still has the problem. If the new one doesn't, I'm returning mine to Verizon as well.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global using the DroidForums App.

4. kenstar

kenstar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i'll just leave this here ;][​IMG]

5. ExodusC

ExodusC Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm becoming convinced many of us have defective Droid 2 Globals.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global using the DroidForums App.

6. C.Claussen

C.Claussen New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I've had one for about a week now. Im not that happy with battery life. But I understand it. Use the task manager to kill the alps running in background. Also turn the backlight on the screen down. These phones are powered by a lot bigger engine than were used to. V8. Compared to a fuel efficient hybrid. Ill take the trade

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

7. NiceGuysFinishLast

Ratings:
    +0

There's nothing wrong with your phone. It's all in usage and how your phone is set up. That one day nine hours was full of doing almost nothing. The highest use is screen (that's normal), but the highest non-system user of battery was facebook at 2%. In that 1 day 9 hours, kenstar sent negligible texts, didn't play games, didn't make voice calls, etc etc.... If I just let my phone sit from 100%-15%, I bet I could pull 3 days out of it, easy.

8. shaddix

shaddix Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting rid of mine :( called and cancelled my service(i've only had it for a week). I will wait on the thunderbolt or bionic

9. ExodusC

ExodusC Member

Ratings:
    +5
    You don't understand. Some of us LET our phones sit doing NOTHING, with virtually all connectivity off, and we still burn through 10% per hour like this.

I'm fairly certain some of the phones are defective.

10. C.Claussen

C.Claussen New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. It must be broken. Let's all assume that. Its easy

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

11. NiceGuysFinishLast

Ratings:
    +0

I'd say it's more likely that some combination of apps/settings that you have is radically different from what us more conservative users run. I posted my full setup, how does yours compare?

12. weapon-x-1

weapon-x-1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @all seriously guys i was a bb user (8330) i lost my phone and was planning to go for D2G but after reading post in this forum , made me totally confused weather to buy it or not , guys plz advice me weather to buy it or not , if not to buy this please suggest me another gud phone with such features.

Search tags for this page
android droid 2 global dies

droid 2 global battery dies fast

droid 2 global phone dieing fast
how to make droid 2 global battery last longer
stop apps from running d2g
what is droid news retrieval service
whats so special about motorola droid 2 global

why does my droid 2 global die so fast

why does the droid 2 die so fast
why is my droid 2 global dying so fast