Download the ICS leak or wait for OTA

trackman1

Reaction score
im confused........is verizon plan to come out with new rezound phone with the ICS already installled, ??....or is it just the new ICS firmware update to add to the phone??...please explain

Thanks

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
It will be an over the air update for every phone. If someone buys a Rezound after its released then it will have Gingerbread on it and they will still have to upgrade to ICS either by waiting for the ping (probably instantly) or manually searching themselves.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
If you want! Nobody is 100% on how the leak will interract with the OTA, or if one of the leaks actually will be official OTA. But many report no problems (not all though).

Personally I have no complaints with GB and am one of the few who was able to hold off. I think it'll make the slight upgrades in ICS that much better. Plus, I'll have this phone for awhile. Might as well milk one OS for all its worth before starting a new one...

trackman1

Reaction score
quick question...I assume the HTC drivers must me installed?????/...to put on ICS Firmware...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
If by HTC drivers then you mean the most recent update for the Rezound, then yes. It must be up to date with 2.01.605.11. But your phone should already have that unless you just got it today or something. Otherwise search for an update and you'll get it.

trackman1

Reaction score
Is this the correct HTC driver s/w package 3.0.5606?????

does that s/w have to be installed on PC???

actually i am getting my phone tomorrow

Last edited:

HowardZ

Reaction score
The HTC drivers are installed on a pc. Then when you attach the phone to the pc, Windows explorer will pop up twice to allow you access to the files on the internal memory and the removable micro sd card.

These drivers will also allow for execution of adb and fastboot commands, if that is also installed on the pc. however this is a more advanced subject.

These drivers are not necessary for updating to ICS. A pc is not needed at all

regards
Howard

trackman1

Reaction score
thank you very much....so I do have to install the HTC drivers....???

is this the corrrect one HTCdriver3.0.0.007???....or the previous s/w i mentioned...???

Thanks

trackman1

Reaction score
my question is if i dont have to install the drivers to install.....which is the correct s/w i mentioned above to be able to transfer pics, music, video etc??..

Thanks again

tskluzak

Reaction score
Quick question, the ICS leak that cyber is talking about, does it give you the option to freeze the Verizon bloatware or do you have to do the full root to do that?

trackman1

Reaction score
Hi can someone please tell me which is the correct s/w drivers to install.......HTCdriver3.0.0.007 or s/w package 3.0.5606????? for the htc rezound

Thanks

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
trackman1 said:
thank you very much....so I do have to install the HTC drivers....???

is this the corrrect one HTCdriver3.0.0.007???....or the previous s/w i mentioned...???

Thanks

What HTC drivers.