Download the ICS leak or wait for OTA

trackman1

Reaction score
i read to be able to transfer files, pics etc.. from the rezound to the pc.or reverse....drivers needed to be installed...i wanted to know which are the correct ones?/

thanks

Last edited:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
trackman1 said:
i read to be able to trasfer files, pics etc.. from the rezound to the pc...drivers needed to be installed...i wanted to know whic are the correct ones?/

thanks

Where did you hear this.

trackman1

Reaction score
another forum.....i thought to be able to drag and drop or transfer back and forth drivers were needed??

so i dont need to install any s/w drivers to be able to do that???

please clarify if i was misinformed??

Thanks

Last edited:

scott craft

Reaction score
another forum.....i thought to be able to drag and drop or transfer back and forth drivers were needed??

so i dont need to install any s/w drivers to be able to do that???

please clarify if i was misinformed??

Thanks

For mine I never installed any drivers on my computer.

Sent from my Rezound

trackman1

Reaction score
great thanks...so do you know what those driver files i mentioned in previous post are used for??........so when i connect my phone to the pc...it will automatically recognize it ???....and i can transfer pics, music etc????

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
trackman1 said:
great thanks...so do you know what those driver files i mentioned in previous post are used for??........so when i connect my phone to the pc...it will automatically recognize it ???....and i cam transfer pics, music etc????

Yes, your pc will automatically recognize device.

trackman1

Reaction score
thank you so much for your assistance....,,..btw do you know what those files are used for hot sync s/w and the htc driver s/w???

OP
johnfish

johnfish

Reaction score
So I will ressurect this thread one more time. August first still waiting on the OTA and just recieved a like new recertified rezound hoping that the 4 g works better. I know I am fooling myself as it is acting exactly the way my old one was working. So does the leaked version of ICS fix the 4 g issues? I am still on the fence about using the leak as I dont want to be locked out of any future updates so I am still holding out hope for recieving the OTA.

John

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
The Rezound doesn't have inherent 4G issues. If you're having problems it could be your area or your LTE SIM. If the new phone has the same problem, have Verizon swap out your SIM(easier at a corporate location)

OP
johnfish

johnfish

Reaction score
Thank you Mr Smith, I did take it to a corporate location. They told me they had no sim cards and that when i got the replacement phone it would come iwth a new sim card which of course was wrong. I will have to find another store because this is not the first time i have had issues in that store. Seems that they dont have well trained personel there.

John

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
That's not really that far from ordinary. The Verizon resellers are usually more well informed since they usually resell for multiple carriers. The corporate feebes are usually just as bad as reading one of those "newspapers" by the grocery store checkout. 1/100th truth 99/100ths BS

chicagojedi

Reaction score
So I will ressurect this thread one more time. August first still waiting on the OTA and just recieved a like new recertified rezound hoping that the 4 g works better. I know I am fooling myself as it is acting exactly the way my old one was working. So does the leaked version of ICS fix the 4 g issues? I am still on the fence about using the leak as I dont want to be locked out of any future updates so I am still holding out hope for recieving the OTA.

John

Hi john. I installed the leak exactly as instructed earlier in this thread. I recommend doing it. I have had no problems whatsoever.

As far as your question it absolutely helped me with 4g. I am just outside 4g according to Verizon's map and could not get it. Matter of fact had to go deep into it to get it. Since installing the leak I have 4g at home now and connect to it most places around my area where I never got it before. And switching networks works a lot quicker too. From 3g to 4g is a lot better. And I don't lose any connections like I used to.

So I hope that helps. I'm glad I installed the leak because look how they STILL haven't released the OTA yet and we are into August. Screw Verizon. My phone has worked great with no problem at all with the leak.

OP
johnfish

johnfish

Reaction score
Thanks Jedi, I am actually am downloading the OTA right now so I am finally happy. I hope it improves things!

John