If and when the ota version leaks....

richiecalloway

Reaction score
When and if we do finally see an over the air push of ICS can I take advantage of it since I have already installed a leak? Will it download overnight as ota download and can I just simply install it or what do I need to do

HowardZ

Reaction score
First, nobody knows for sure.

Most likely the OTA will be followed by a leak of the official ics ruu executable file or zip file.

Those on the leak will use the ruu file, as long as the version number is higher, and it most likely will be.

HTC posted information about the OTA, and listed the latest leak version number. Then it was taken off from HTC's website. So it is possible that the OTA will indeed be the last ics leak.

I think the worst case is people on the leak will need to do s-off, then ruu to gingerbread, then optionally restore a nandroid backup of his gb system saved from before installing the older ics leak, then OTA to ice cream sandwich.

If it turns out to be something complicated, the devs will figure it out.

regards,
Howard

Last edited:

sweat90lx

Reaction score
Nobody knows and I agree with Howard, the latest leak will be the OTA. Verizon is holding it because of their precious moto phones that have many issues with ics.
the devs will have a fix if there are any problems.

mike7728

Reaction score
4.0.3 ???

Just trying to get opinions if 4.0.3 will be the ota ics version we get.