Download the ICS leak or wait for OTA

mikeny

Reaction score
I am too stupid to root but following the instructions in the other thread was able to download the leak no problem. Make sure you back up first (I used Go backup) and when it is back I just reinstalled everything that way.
Same here. The instructions were perfect for me. It installed in one shot. I'm an Android newbie but I was getting pumped for ICS. When I got the Rezound it was supposedly going to be released within days. I wish I knew about the go Backup program. I thought I was in the clear by doing a Windows copy and paste of the internal drive but I still had to reinstall all my apps and I got my contacts back with HTC Sync.

The new folders are fun to create and name. We have an extra couple apps on a each page now. Overall it's not much of a difference. I think the text is sharper. It's also fun to use Google Chrome and have all of my Desktop Chrome bookmarks synced with it.

Here's one other observation, my dad always uses the Opera browser from his PC to send me a link to a website. With ICS, the links are not clickable on my Mail app. They are clickable on the Gmail app though.

I did get a prompt in one of my first couple boots after the install that this device needs a SIM card to operate. :icon_eek: It was only once though. I also believe that 4G drops more now. I've seen it first hand as my wife has the HTC Rezound also but hasn't upgraded. Mine lost 4G and her's didn't. Granted that was only one time and a reboot got it back for me.

zanshin825

Reaction score
I updated mine and I like it-- but my camera doesn't open. Any suggestions?

DanMan

Reaction score
I finally bit the bullet(and was able to get the update to download)....... and it works great! It was actually pretty easy, quick and painless!

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I've decided I'll wait until the end of the month, and if still no OTA, then I'll be wanting an ICS to beat the heat. :biggrin:

chicagojedi

Reaction score
Signal strength problems

Hi everyone,
I am new here. I was tired of waiting for Verizon to send out the ICS update and saw this thread. I was hoping it would be rid of the bloatware, but I guess that's what rooting is for. Anyway, I followed the instructions and everything is working great so far except for my signal strength. I had no problems whatsoever before the update and now its absolutely terrible. I used to get 3 or 4 bars and now it's 1 or 2. Is this normal or is there something I can do to fix it? Thanks in advance.

billcows

Reaction score
I just installed the leak no issues yet. Now tha I've done it I'm sure the ota is around the corner.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
mikeny said:
Same here. The instructions were perfect for me. It installed in one shot. I'm an Android newbie but I was getting pumped for ICS. When I got the Rezound it was supposedly going to be released within days. I wish I knew about the go Backup program. I thought I was in the clear by doing a Windows copy and paste of the internal drive but I still had to reinstall all my apps and I got my contacts back with HTC Sync.

The new folders are fun to create and name. We have an extra couple apps on a each page now. Overall it's not much of a difference. I think the text is sharper. It's also fun to use Google Chrome and have all of my Desktop Chrome bookmarks synced with it.

Here's one other observation, my dad always uses the Opera browser from his PC to send me a link to a website. With ICS, the links are not clickable on my Mail app. They are clickable on the Gmail app though.

I did get a prompt in one of my first couple boots after the install that this device needs a SIM card to operate. :icon_eek: It was only once though. I also believe that 4G drops more now. I've seen it first hand as my wife has the HTC Rezound also but hasn't upgraded. Mine lost 4G and her's didn't. Granted that was only one time and a reboot got it back for me.

The chrome desktop bookmarks also back up to the stock browser bookmark page on your phone. ICS is just smoother all around, but after playing around with my new S3, now I see what a HOG the Sense UI is.

hoobistank

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
And it is nothing like rooting your phone. Here is the Easy 12 step process.

Here are the Step by Step Install Instructions for ICS:

Link to the Download: http://www.talkandroid.com/116546-latest-ics-leak-for-the-htc-rezound-looks-to-be-near-official/

1. Go to the market and install Solid Explorer to your Rezound "it's a file utility app".
2.PLug in Rezound to Computer via USB, and choose Use as Disk drive option, not charge only option, now give it a few sec for computer to recognize the drives, now go to my computer and you will see two extra drives, one is the Internal and one is the external SD drive on your Rezound, if you don't know which is which, just right click on it and check out it's properties to see the size of it, it should help you figure out which is the SD card one.
3.Now go to the link I have posted in this thread "post #2" and download the latest ICS leak "pretty much official".
4.After downloading the file, go to the folder where you downloaded it, put your mouse pointer on the file and right click on it, the file will be highlighted in blue and a box will pop up "scroll down to the line that says Rename, it is the second from last", now left click on that, now the box will disapear and the file will be highlighted in blue, take your mouse pointer and place it on top of the file in front of the letter P, now left click and with your backspace button erase all the numbers that are in front of the P, after doing that do the same and erase anything behind the letter G, the file shall look like this PH98IMG , now right click on it and there will be a box that comes up, scroll down to Send to, another box will come up with locations that you want to send file to, scroll down to the location of your external SD card on your Rezound "mine showed up as H, "Rezound needs to be plugged in via USB as a Hard Drive "NOT charge only", after scrolling down to the drive you want the file to be send to left click on the desired file, file should now be installed on your Rezounds SD card.
5.Uplug Rezound from PC, give it at least 30 sec to reformat the SD card, now go to the File utility you installed from the Market, once opened, scroll down to the black SD card image "that is your external SD card" click on it, now scroll all the way down to the last file which should read PH98IMG.zip at 603mb. If that is what you see then you are good to GO BABY, ICS is only half plus hr away.
6. Go and Uncheck Fast boot option, it's in System settings, it is "crucial" you do this, once unckecked go back to home screen and POWER DOWN DEVICE.
7. Open the back of Device and REMOVE the BATTERY for 1 minute.
8.Put back battery and cover "Make sure Cover is tight.
9.Press the Volume button down "volume down" do not let it go and press the Power Button.
10.Put Rezound down "LEAVE IT ALONE" the ICS process is on it's way "it will ask you a couple of times to continue with a certain process,at which time you will press the power button so it can continue", device will Reboot twice, LEAVE IT ALONE, till you see the home screen lock button ring with the stock wallpaper.
11.After ICS is installed, I suggest to Reboot device at least once.
12. ENJOY ICS.

Special NOTE: You will lose any of your SMS, so I suggest you load an SMS backup tool from the market like SMS Backup+. And do a contacts backup before you do Install ICS. Once your phone is updated it will run you through the basic setup, from Gmail to contacts, just do it like you would do to a new phone.
If you have any more questions, please let me know.

I followed your instructions and I'm totally enjoying the ICS badassness but when I go to rehook my rezzy back up to the comp.....I can't find my sd cards....do you know what gives?.....and totally thank you for your instructions....you rock

OP
johnfish

johnfish

Reaction score
So its the end of July and still no word on ICS. If it is taking htis long to get it out I still wonder if there are other issues with the leak that just havent come to light yet. I am not ready to risk it yet. I will say I am getting more and more disappointed with the phone. After a factory reset it behaved better for a little while but now I cant depend on it getting a decent 4 g signal. I will have full bars and still get unable to connect to server when surfing the web and the arrows under the 4g symbol will be quickly flashing. Not how it used to act. This has also seriously impacted my battery life. I have disabled LTE in setup and at least 3g is working. Of course this is not why I bought the phone. I wanted the 4 g experience and this is the crap I get. Well its off to the verizon store to complain and see if they can figure out whats wrong.

John

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
johnfish said:
So its the end of July and still no word on ICS. If it is taking htis long to get it out I still wonder if there are other issues with the leak that just havent come to light yet. I am not ready to risk it yet. I will say I am getting more and more disappointed with the phone. After a factory reset it behaved better for a little while but now I cant depend on it getting a decent 4 g signal. I will have full bars and still get unable to connect to server when surfing the web and the arrows under the 4g symbol will be quickly flashing. Not how it used to act. This has also seriously impacted my battery life. I have disabled LTE in setup and at least 3g is working. Of course this is not why I bought the phone. I wanted the 4 g experience and this is the crap I get. Well its off to the verizon store to complain and see if they can figure out whats wrong.

John

The leak has been working just fine, you really trust Verizon and all their BS.

HowardZ

Reaction score
Verizon could have released the first ics
leak as our ICS OTA, as there were no reports here about any terrible flaws. It also did not bring Verizon's 4G LTE network down, or any other calamity.

Verizon then could have released another OTA consisting of minor fixes months later - perhaps an Xmas OTA.

Last edited:

Zecpull

Reaction score
I Still think the Main Reason Verison won't release ICS on the main phones is that you can diable a lot of their crap Apps. such as verizon navigator, media manager . and all the 0ther virus like apps it has added to our phones.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Interesting that I don't have the option of disabling navigator. Just uninstalling updates. On .10 leak

cdm369

Reaction score
MJKneuro said:
Interesting that I don't have the option of disabling navigator. Just uninstalling updates. On .10 leak

Same here...kindle is like that too