Any reason to wait for OTA?

Code3VW

Reaction score
I wanted to wait for the OTA to be released for stability reasons, and now that it is, I'm wondering if there is any reason to wait any longer...

Currently I'm running rooted 6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US. If I received the OTA, could I even accept it, or would I lose root/brick my phone?

Thanks,

Code3VW

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Have you deleted any /system/app files or installed SafeStrap? if you are just rooted.....accept the OTA and then re-root the phone after it's finished updating.

OP
C

Code3VW

Reaction score
Have you deleted any /system/app files or installed SafeStrap? if you are just rooted.....accept the OTA and then re-root the phone after it's finished updating.

I did not delete any /system/app files, but I did install SafeStrap v. 1.09...no OTA for me?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
The OTA will fail. You can try to fix it or just take the easy simple method and use rsdlite to flash stock 6.13.219 GB image back to your phone.

4low4fun

Reaction score
Can't he just use cheesecake and install the .217 leak? That is the official OTA if I'm not mistaken. Or would safe strap still get in the way?

outsid0r

Reaction score
Can't he just use cheesecake and install the .217 leak? That is the official OTA if I'm not mistaken. Or would safe strap still get in the way?
just cheat and use the fastboot files, root and profit, going to save alot of time and headaches. cheesecake is no longer needed due to the fastboot files.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
The OTA, no matter how you get it, will not install if Safestrap was installed. There are steps needed, that from reading are hit & miss on correcting what Safestrap changes, to allow OTA updates to install, so I recommend just flashing back to stock as it's a very simple, easy process.

Cheesecake makes changes that never allowed me to properly correct to the real update servers without a complete .sbf flash and factory data wipe. Didn't want to potentially update a device to ICS with those settings still in play and no way to sbf/flash fastboot ICS. (that's changed now that ICS fastboot files are available).

The easy way.....would be to fastboot the ICS fastboot files that were made available. Other than that......fastboot back to 100% stock Gingerbread then apply the OTA update .zip (or wait for it to be pushed.).

kenji91

Reaction score
The OTA, no matter how you get it, will not install if Safestrap was installed. There are steps needed, that from reading are hit & miss on correcting what Safestrap changes, to allow OTA updates to install, so I recommend just flashing back to stock as it's a very simple, easy process.

Has anyone ever told you that you look like Tom Crews? dancedroid