Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

Soocold

Reaction score
It's a bug I introduced with a recent overhaul I did. It caused a whole bunch of issues I had to clean up. Root being the last of them. It wouldn't necessarily affect everyone depending on how their system is set up. AFAIK, all the bugs I caused are now squashed and the HoB should be rock solid again.

You just screwed yourself, now something will pop up. Like .252 and everyone that can't successfully create the new directory blowing up the thread. Lol

ICS Droid Bionic
.244 courtesy of HoB

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sucks to be them. :D MUAHAHAHA. No, it's fine now. Root was the last thing I missed cause it wasn't explicitly looking for adb in my script...it was looking for it in run.bat for root. So, I dealt with that. Someone already confirmed that the INSTALL, REINSTALL, and Fix AP Fastboot functions are fixed. So you're good.

Bigv5150

Reaction score
Hey sam I am having a problem with google quick search box it shows it in the system app draw but I have a gray box and cant use it. I try to install but it says install fails. This happened because I tried google now and somehow this got messed up. I uninstalled google now apk but must have screwed this up. I tried the 244 reinstall to see if it would fix it but it didn't the permissions are correct it just wont install. Do I have to do a full factory reset of 244 or is there just something Im doing wrong.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Good luck. John Galt I don't think ever fixed it on his phone. Google Now completely screws up the phone if you remove it. The only thing I can tell you to try, and it's not even close to a guarantee, is a REINSTALL 244 and instead of wiping the cache do a full factory reset. That might get it back. Lesson here...don't do that. :)

Bigv5150

Reaction score
LOL yeah goggle now was cool at first but a little buggy so I decided to go back and it didn't work I am in the process of doing the reinstall now thanks for the help.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It's fine on a JB build. But, this hacking it into ICS thing all the kids are doing these days is insane. Especially on a build you have no FXZ for. ;)

Bigv5150

Reaction score
Thats me living on the edge then falling of plummeting to my death. But oh look I pull my reserve parachute aka Samuri :biggrin:

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
And people wonder why I claim the HoB is "battle tested". The mini-FXZ should serve you well. But the factory reset is definitely going to be necessary on this one. And even then, who knows.

Bigv5150

Reaction score
I have been with the HoB since the start I know how invaluable it is for what we are doing.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I can't believe it's grown into what we have today. I must be insane. :D It started out as a small little batch process that executed a bunch of commands and has grown into a command line scripted RSD controlled, dynamically generated monstrosity. LOL.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
SamuriHL said:
I can't believe it's grown into what we have today. I must be insane. :D It started out as a small little batch process that executed a bunch of commands and has grown into a command line scripted RSD controlled, dynamically generated monstrosity. LOL.

C'mon sam, don't be so hard on yourself, after the last cleanup it's an elegant monster at the very least :p

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I don't like stupid mistakes in my code. It tends to bother me. Nonetheless the foundation is fixed again so we should be good. For now. I may screw with it while I'm on vacation. I have some design changes I want to make based upon all the support issues I've gotten. Given that 99% of the support issues I've dealt with are people skipping menu options, I'm very likely to remove the second menu altogether and instead replace it with a wizard that handholds you through each step. The wizard nature might annoy some of my more advanced users, but, it'll kill a lot of support issues that I really don't have time for. I haven't decided if I want to mess with it again or not.

Reaction score
I don't like stupid mistakes in my code. It tends to bother me. Nonetheless the foundation is fixed again so we should be good. For now. I may screw with it while I'm on vacation. I have some design changes I want to make based upon all the support issues I've gotten. Given that 99% of the support issues I've dealt with are people skipping menu options, I'm very likely to remove the second menu altogether and instead replace it with a wizard that handholds you through each step. The wizard nature might annoy some of my more advanced users, but, it'll kill a lot of support issues that I really don't have time for. I haven't decided if I want to mess with it again or not.

Maybe just a note on top of the list to FOLLOW THE NUMBERS. My only issue I had was that before I could do the root step I had to do the fix fastboot option first. Maybe they should be switched? Who knows, no matter how easy you make it, people are gonna mess up...especially if they don't READ THE INFO FIRST. Just my two cents, which I know means nothing =)

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Maybe just a note on top of the list to FOLLOW THE NUMBERS. My only issue I had was that before I could do the root step I had to do the fix fastboot option first. Maybe they should be switched? Who knows, no matter how easy you make it, people are gonna mess up...especially if they don't READ THE INFO FIRST. Just my two cents, which I know means nothing =)

Um, fixing fastboot is ABNORMAL and not "part of the process". It means something went horribly wrong with your phone and you had a failed flash. That will get moved out to the main menu so that you'd see something like this: (assume 244 for now)

INSTALL 244
REINSTALL 244
REPAIR 244 AP Fastboot ERROR

And on the INSTALL and REINSTALL options you'd get something like:

Found Blur_Version.5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US(67244).zip

Do you want to transfer to your SDCARD-EXT?

Check MD5 hash for Blur_Version.5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US(67244).zip?

Reboot to AP Fastboot mode?

Prepare phone for update using RSD?

Show instructions for installing update in recovery

Do you want to install root?

Recovery.img not found in HoB\244 directory, do you wish to pull the image from your phone?

Some of those would only be shown in certain instances like the recovery.img. Advanced users can skip steps if they're sure they know what they're doing. I'm still toying with the idea. Trying to think what would help the people who REFUSE to read so that *I* don't have to deal with them.

Reaction score
It did it the first time, when I went from GB to ICS (232). It would just reboot to fastboot, with an error. I could reboot if I did the vol up and vol down, and go to reboot...that worked. But that was the only way until I did the "fix fastboot option" from the menu. Now the second time, when I went from 232 to 244, I didn't have that problem. So who knows. I am by far no tech savy person, but I know how to read and follow directions. I've messed with many phones, and RSD, and custom ROMs and such. I'm also an electronic tech here at work, so I work on electronics for a living. Nothing software related really, more the component side of things. I could see where people might make mistakes though, especially if they don't read everything and follow it through. Oh, and patience is a virtue that SO many people lack anymore. Just click the downloads, install, and rush in. It's hard to help people like that.