Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Hacks' started by SamuriHL, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Soocold

Soocold Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Damn auto correct, check a couple post up, it says three instead of the

ICS Droid Bionic
    .244 courtesy of HoB

2. BionicRockinTh3oryRoms

BionicRockinTh3oryRoms Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wasn't meaning to antagonize you I was just pointing out that at times in the past following the upgrade and prior to root I have found my phone back in Mass Storage Mode.

I have always found it interesting how bugs only seem to affect certain phones because when I upgraded it worked swimmingly. I am sure it's due to my ignorance with regard to programming I just found it odd.

3. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +33
    It's a bug I introduced with a recent overhaul I did. It caused a whole bunch of issues I had to clean up. Root being the last of them. It wouldn't necessarily affect everyone depending on how their system is set up. AFAIK, all the bugs I caused are now squashed and the HoB should be rock solid again.

4. BionicRockinTh3oryRoms

BionicRockinTh3oryRoms Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sweet I just have an infants knowledge with regard to this I can follow directions pretty well but understanding the Inner Workings is rather Baffling to Me.

5. SamuriHL

Ratings:
    +33
    The script evolved over time so it wasn't built clean with all the functionality that it has. I tried to do some cleanup the other day and screwed a bunch of stuff up. One of these days I may work on making it easier for people to read the batch file and figure out what it's doing. It's not complex, but, it's involved. It's all that dynamic code I have in there that makes it a bit unwieldly to work on. But that's also where it gets its power from.

6. Soocold

Soocold Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You just screwed yourself, now something will pop up. Like .252 and everyone that can't successfully create the new directory blowing up the thread. Lol

ICS Droid Bionic
    .244 courtesy of HoB

7. SamuriHL

Ratings:
    +33
    Sucks to be them. :D MUAHAHAHA. No, it's fine now. Root was the last thing I missed cause it wasn't explicitly looking for adb in my script...it was looking for it in run.bat for root. So, I dealt with that. Someone already confirmed that the INSTALL, REINSTALL, and Fix AP Fastboot functions are fixed. So you're good.

8. Bigv5150

Bigv5150 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey sam I am having a problem with google quick search box it shows it in the system app draw but I have a gray box and cant use it. I try to install but it says install fails. This happened because I tried google now and somehow this got messed up. I uninstalled google now apk but must have screwed this up. I tried the 244 reinstall to see if it would fix it but it didn't the permissions are correct it just wont install. Do I have to do a full factory reset of 244 or is there just something Im doing wrong.

9. SamuriHL

Ratings:
    +33
    Good luck. John Galt I don't think ever fixed it on his phone. Google Now completely screws up the phone if you remove it. The only thing I can tell you to try, and it's not even close to a guarantee, is a REINSTALL 244 and instead of wiping the cache do a full factory reset. That might get it back. Lesson here...don't do that. :)

10. Bigv5150

Bigv5150 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    LOL yeah goggle now was cool at first but a little buggy so I decided to go back and it didn't work I am in the process of doing the reinstall now thanks for the help.

11. SamuriHL

Ratings:
    +33
    It's fine on a JB build. But, this hacking it into ICS thing all the kids are doing these days is insane. Especially on a build you have no FXZ for. ;)

12. Bigv5150

Bigv5150 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thats me living on the edge then falling of plummeting to my death. But oh look I pull my reserve parachute aka Samuri :biggrin:

13. SamuriHL

Ratings:
    +33
    And people wonder why I claim the HoB is "battle tested". The mini-FXZ should serve you well. But the factory reset is definitely going to be necessary on this one. And even then, who knows.

14. Bigv5150

Bigv5150 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I have been with the HoB since the start I know how invaluable it is for what we are doing.

15. SamuriHL

Ratings:
    +33
    I can't believe it's grown into what we have today. I must be insane. :D It started out as a small little batch process that executed a bunch of commands and has grown into a command line scripted RSD controlled, dynamically generated monstrosity. LOL.

Search tags for this page
downgrade droid bionic
downgrade to 902
downgrade xt875

house of bionic

house of bionic download
houseofbionic
motorola droid bionic downgrade

samurai house of bionic

unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped
xt875 downgrade