Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Which is why I've stopped doing so. My barrier to entry, and it's clearly stated in the OP, is that you've fully read and understood the OP *BEFORE* doing stuff. Nonetheless, THE biggest issue I've had is people decided to skip steps. Even though I quite clearly state that the HoB will not work if you do so. If I make it more difficult to skip things then I can wash my hands of dealing with that issue. Soon I won't have nearly as much time to devote to the HoB. It needs to become mostly self service. And to a LARGE degree it has for those that read. I may throw the advanced users a bone, but, they're going to have to dig for it. That's how I know if they're advanced or not. ;)

Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea to me, I love to hunt for stuff! And I agree, the HoB is an awesome tool. All you need to do is read, download, and do the steps. You made it easy for sure. I know I appreciate the hard work you've put into it. I am sure I could've done it other ways, but I like the KISS idea the best...Keep It Simple Stupid.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I don't code overly complex solutions unless I have to. I'm a minimalist developer. What that means is I'm not out to "prove myself" by writing stupidly complicated code. I've been coding for 18+ years now so that kind of nonsense doesn't impress me. Simple code is easier to maintain. And it won't be that hard to figure out how to turn on "advanced" mode. LOL. I haven't decided if I'll make people hunt for it or if I'll simply pop quiz you when you first run it. LOL.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm not even sure if I'm going to change anything. I may. I may just leave it and tell people to suck it up and go read. :)

Aldroid33

Reaction score
It's a bug I introduced with a recent overhaul I did. It caused a whole bunch of issues I had to clean up. Root being the last of them. It wouldn't necessarily affect everyone depending on how their system is set up. AFAIK, all the bugs I caused are now squashed and the HoB should be rock solid again.
Enjoy your trip our bricks will have to wait, LOL:p Maybe well have a good rain this weekend, we do need a soak'ing. :biggrin: Hopefully it's 244 not another one agaain:icon_ devil:

Last edited:

bufordtpisser

Reaction score
Maybe I am a glutton for punishment, but I have read all 242 pages of this thread. Every post. And I will continue to do so. Because it makes sense to know as much as you can about things that interest you or make your life easier.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
And as for me.... Rum, 4g, and nascar. Woooooo hooooooo!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

segordon

Reaction score
Ready to pull my hair out, what's left that is.

I don't know if my phone is being stupid, my computer is being stupid or if I am being stupid but I am having a problem updating to 244. I am currently on 232 and I downloaded SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic_(6.6).exe, SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic_COMPONENTS_(1.0).exe and SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic_(244).exe. I uninstalled previous version of HoB and installed everything in the correct order.

I connected my phone to the computer with USB debugging enabled, connected as MPT and have a full charge. I started HoB from the start menu and selected :

1) Install 244

1) Transfer update to sdcard-ext

Then this is the message that comes up:

Code:
Looking for your phone...if this hangs, it's not finding your phone 
*daemon not running. starting it now* 
*daemon started successfully* 
Checking for sdcard-ext...

Found update: Blur_Version.5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US(67244).zip
Transfer to sdcard-ext? [y/n]: y
Transferring to your sdcard-ext
This will take a few minutes.

2700 KB/s (0 bytes in 386303625.139s)

Check MD5 on sdcard-ext? [y/n]: y

19KB/s (0 bytes in 20199.001s)
0 KB/s (0 bytes in 113.001s)

Local MD5:        946d0cf075666be120c498fa7f66e1b6
SDCARD-EXT MD5:   946d0cf075666be120c498fa7f66e1b6

Transfer successful: MD5 hashes match.

Press any key to continue . . .

After that finishes I go into explorer and check the sdcard for the file and it is not there. Am I missing something or is the file actually not being transferred? I have tried this numerous times and each time the same thing happens. I have tried the front USB ports as well as the rear USB ports and nothing changes. I am at a loss and I hope someone can give me a hand moving to 244. I am tired of waiting for the OTA.

Soocold

Reaction score
You may be looking in the wrong place, but most likely your manager has not refreshed and showed the new file.

ICS Droid Bionic
.244 courtesy of HoB