Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

Fyrdawg

Reaction score
Thanks Sam...i missed the memo!! Ill try to find you guys there... And thanks again for all you do for this community...

prl77

Reaction score
Oh the media update thing. Yea, that can take a LONNNNNGGGG time. You will need to fix that AP Fastboot error though. It'll do that every time you reboot the phone until you fix it. I would extract the cdt.bin from the 232 update in the 232 folder and flash that with moto-fastboot:

Reboot into AP Fastboot then run this command after extract the cdt.bin:

moto-fastboot flash cdt.bin cdt.bin

@SamuriHL
Just wanted to give a word of thanks for your work on the script as well as the individual tech support. This little procedure you outlined did the trick. I'm all good on my ICS.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
@SamuriHL
Just wanted to give a word of thanks for your work on the script as well as the individual tech support. This little procedure you outlined did the trick. I'm all good on my ICS.

Very good. It seems others needed it, as well, so the 5.3 release of the HoB has that function built in now in case it ever happens again. But by doing it manually, you now know what it's doing. :)

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm there right now. I've been working really long days this week and haven't had time to hang out in chat.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thread reopened. A lot of unnecessary posts were deleted. We don't all have to agree but lets leave that out of the thread.

Thanks in advance everyone!!

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
JSM9872 said:
Thread reopened. A lot of unnecessary posts were deleted. We don't all have to agree but lets leave that out of the thread.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

What did i miss?

mead76

Reaction score
Hey Samurai this script worked AWESOME. The only hitch I had was trying to get it to ROOT. I was following the script options in order, which I think is what you are supposed to do, but when I did the root option after flashing the software it would not work. The problem was after rebooting the phone after wiping cache step, the phone stayed in the flash mode. So when I tried to ROOT it, it would get stuck at waiting for device. So what I did was follow the step after root, where it fixes the flash, then I did the Root option once the phone rebooted. Worked like a charm. Thanks a bunch for all the hard work! I honestly dont understand why its taking so long for Verizon to get this on our phones....

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey Samurai this script worked AWESOME. The only hitch I had was trying to get it to ROOT. I was following the script options in order, which I think is what you are supposed to do, but when I did the root option after flashing the software it would not work. The problem was after rebooting the phone after wiping cache step, the phone stayed in the flash mode. So when I tried to ROOT it, it would get stuck at waiting for device. So what I did was follow the step after root, where it fixes the flash, then I did the Root option once the phone rebooted. Worked like a charm. Thanks a bunch for all the hard work! I honestly dont understand why its taking so long for Verizon to get this on our phones....

HUH. That's odd but I'm glad you took the initiative and figured it out. Well done!!

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
JSM9872 said:

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

Hey i heard what happened thanks for cleaning up the thread another thing could u please stick this thread next to mine thanks

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey i heard what happened thanks for cleaning up the thread another thing could u please stick this thread next to mine thanks

This thread is already stuck in the Bionic Hacks section. :)

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
This thread is already stuck in the Bionic Hacks section. :)

I meant in general discussions like mine cuz unfortunately most noobs never go to the hacking section an majority of the people go to the general discussions section and or view it