Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
System data and kernel changes have nothing to do with each other. It works as long as your coming from a custom rom.

dfib

Reaction score
Just to be clear, there should be no problem using this to go from 2233 to 230, correct? I read here that someone else did it successfully, but I'm concerned about keeping system data if the kernel is different between 2233 and 230 which I heard it is. Thoughts on this?

Works great.. Once it is set up it only takes 30 mins to go from one leaked ICS to another.

EdJanx

Reaction score
Well yourIs it me, or is the resulting .230 zip that you're supposed to place on the SD card has the same exact file name as the 905 file that also needs to be placed on the SD card? I would think that could cause an issue, no? Just trying to be sure before attempting this. Thanks!

My bad. Eyes were playing tricks on me - time for an eye appointment. Attempting this now!

Last edited:

jcwilliams

Reaction score
just wanted to say thanks to timmy for taking time outside the forums to help me with this. i was quite confused at first and along with computer issues made me want to just not do it but its working and i am about to boot into the 230 leak! thanks again timmy and op for this! it works!

EdJanx

Reaction score
Waiting for Device

I verified my folder looks identical to the image provided in the top post. USB debugging is enabled and latest moto drivers installed. I used MTP and got stuck on "Waiting for Device" when I execute RUNME.bat. I also tried Mass Storage and PTP settings with the same result. Anyone else get stuck here and figured out how to get past it? Thanks!

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I verified my folder looks identical to the image provided in the top post. USB debugging is enabled and latest moto drivers installed. I used MTP and got stuck on "Waiting for Device" when I execute RUNME.bat. I also tried Mass Storage and PTP settings with the same result. Anyone else get stuck here and figured out how to get past it? Thanks!

had the same issue... boot into fastboot mode and itll take off

EdJanx

Reaction score
had the same issue... boot into fastboot mode and itll take off
Doh!

Another issue. Anyone got stuck on "writing preinstall"? Not sure what to do here. It's been on this step for 10 minutes and I'm freaked that if I unplug the phone now it will be bricked. I did have SafeStrap installed on my device, could that be killing the process? Should I wait for it to time out?

Last edited:

rduckwor

Reaction score
O.K. I had a failure to write cdt.bin, logo.bin and ebr even though they were right there in the directory with all the other files.

This resulted in a general failure.

I got stuck on the dual core screen, pulled the battery and rebooted into recovery, sideloaded .902, side loaded.905. Both loaded fine.

Tried to load the .230 file and got a signature failure - abort.

So I rebooted and now seem to be on 230. I have no idea whether or not it worked, but handset resports that it did.

We'll see.

RMD

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Very strange issues some of you are having with flashing. I'm wondering if it's a USB port and/or cable issue that's causing some weird issues. I've not had any problems and lots of others have used it successfully, as well. Really not sure where these differences in experience are coming from. :(

rduckwor

Reaction score
Yes, I cannot imagine why it chose not to write three files which were present in the directory.

The biggest issue I face now is vetting the various upgrade files floating around.

They came so fast for a while and I dropped off line for several weeks.

Now I have a variety of "blur" files on my HD that are likely useless at best and dangerous at worst.

RMD

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Dee939434049861e1878509dd4692d25

;)

EdJanx

Reaction score
Failed, now stuck on Fastboot screen

Help please!!! My install failed after waiting for an hour on the 'writing preinstall step' and now I can only get to the fastboot screen once I do a battery pull. What can I do to unbrick this phone? Thank you.