Dont Sing it - BRING IT!

WPThunder25

Reaction score
I look the design but I don't see anything that really catches my eye. All this stuff we have seen on other Android phones.

clyons077

Reaction score
Their Video Chat feature will be wifi only til 2011. What a big announcement...At least with android you can choose between Multiple phones on multiple carriers most likely if skype is not going to be verizon exclusive, as long as they have a front facing camera which will most likely be standard on future android devices. You don't have to be stuck with one..boring device.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The Droid and other Android non-Verizon phones do have video conferencing capabilities... Fring (using Skype protocol... OVER 3G too!)...Droid just does not have a front-facing camera so use a mirror, I had an entire conversation with a friend in Croatia earlier this week using this method (Droid+Fring+mirror = Droid Does)... and, come-on, how many people do you really see using it in public (i.e. over Wifi)... Android FTW! dancedroid

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Droid and other Android non-Verizon phones do have video conferencing capabilities... Fring (using Skype protocol... OVER 3G too!)...Droid just does not have a front-facing camera so use a mirror, I had an entire conversation with a friend in Croatia earlier this week using this method (Droid+Fring+mirror = Droid Does)... and, come-on, how many people do you really see using it in public (i.e. over Wifi)... Android FTW! dancedroid
WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!! :icon_ banana:

nerdkill

Reaction score
Not sure how you define "better multitasking".

Switching between apps is basically the same. Linux/Unix based. Apps just save their state when you switch out and then resume from that state when you switch in.

Background services are a lot more controlled on "iOS 4". There's only 7 services that devs have access to. On Android you can pretty much create your own service. It's 7 vs infinity.

I didn't see anything new with the OS that was outstanding in any way. It's a closed system and hence will slowly catch up to what other open systems have done all along. Apple does that to ensure things run how they want. Up to the user to decide which method is better, if either.

from the video i saw it actually shows you what's running natively. as far as i know there's no way to do that conveniently on android right now. you can see the last 8 programs that were opened, but it's not showing you what's running (or in a saved state). i like that there's a native and convenient way to manage your open apps.

Reaction score
Call me a fanboy if you want, I don't care, but I wouldn't waste a turd to take a crap on an apple product. I will tell people their iphone is a piece of crap, and I will not befriend a person with an iphone. I will, and have, desolved established friendships because said friend got an iphone. I despise apple and I want anyone that owns an apple device to get jailtime for said offense.

R

Romple

Not sure how you define "better multitasking".

Switching between apps is basically the same. Linux/Unix based. Apps just save their state when you switch out and then resume from that state when you switch in.

Background services are a lot more controlled on "iOS 4". There's only 7 services that devs have access to. On Android you can pretty much create your own service. It's 7 vs infinity.

I didn't see anything new with the OS that was outstanding in any way. It's a closed system and hence will slowly catch up to what other open systems have done all along. Apple does that to ensure things run how they want. Up to the user to decide which method is better, if either.

from the video i saw it actually shows you what's running natively. as far as i know there's no way to do that conveniently on android right now. you can see the last 8 programs that were opened, but it's not showing you what's running (or in a saved state). i like that there's a native and convenient way to manage your open apps.

Ironically I've been reading from Apple fanbois that any sort of task manager at all is complete fail. It's all the same ****. You switch programs. If one is slightly different than the other is there really a difference?

I care more about services. Apple gives you 7, which may be adequate. I dunno. But Android lets the user decide what's necessary. It's the same Open vs Closed debate.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Call me a fanboy if you want, I don't care, but I wouldn't waste a turd to take a crap on an apple product. I will tell people their iphone is a piece of crap, and I will not befriend a person with an iphone. I will, and have, desolved established friendships because said friend got an iphone. I despise apple and I want anyone that owns an apple device to get jailtime for said offense.

No disrespect intended here but to stop being friends with someone because they own an iPhone is just taking it over the top. Just because you despise apple doesnt mean your friends should pay for it.

Theres so much more id like to say to you but i will just end it here.

littlerick

Reaction score

you must not have any friends if you base it only on what phone they have or dont have. wow

missrachel

Reaction score
HAH!!!!! Steve Jobs' little address to the Apple Nation just makes me LAUGH too!! Android will always be one step ahead... AAPL's stock is at 250 and GOOG is selling at 485 :biggrin:

I love my DROID! But I am hoping that the Xtreme has a front-facing video camera and potential for something like "Face Time" (oh how cute :p lol)

R

Romple

No disrespect intended here but to stop being friends with someone because they own an iPhone is just taking it over the top. Just because you despise apple doesnt mean your friends should pay for it.

I wouldn't say the people he's getting rid of because they have iPhones are "paying". Sounds like a major win to me.

demon69120

Reaction score
Bleh. I spend $400 on the top of the line iPod Touches, jailbroke it, pimped it out, and now I don't even use it. Android is deffiantly funner, but the thing that I envy the most from the iPhones is how great the games are. The 3D ones are amazing, and the have endless one.

Reaction score

I'm not gonna deny that it's over the top, but thats how I feel. My friends dont pay for it, cause I dont have friends with iphones.

you must not have any friends if you base it only on what phone they have or dont have. wow

I have plenty of friends. I didnt say I wouldnt be friends with someone unless they had an Android phone, only that I wont be friends with someone that has an iphone.

Wright or wrong, irrational, whatever you wanna call it, thats how much I hate apple. If the iphone were the only phone left on the planet then I would have to communicate by courier pigeon or something.

Reaction score

I wouldn't say the people he's getting rid of because they have iPhones are "paying". Sounds like a major win to me.
Well then, consider yourself a winner also.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No disrespect intended here but to stop being friends with someone because they own an iPhone is just taking it over the top. Just because you despise apple doesnt mean your friends should pay for it. .

I agree, I have many friends that make poor choices ;)