Creator of Humorous Fake Steve Jobs Blog Calls New iPhone and Apple "Boring"

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
back in the days when samsung was making processors for apple, i think it was for the iphone 4, samsung couldnt make a processor to apples specs, because they didnt know how to do it, so apples processor are design and made by apple but sumsung produces it, so where am i going with this apple makes the best processors and the benchmarks between the 4s and galaxy s3, galaxy s3 wins slightly and the iphone 5 is 2 times faster and 2 times the graphics, so i would say its 2 times faster because of apples os is faster and more stable than android.
The iPhone 5 is two times faster than the iPhone 4s. It has not been run head to head against the S3 and I don't forsee it winning in benchmarks. As to how well it runs things on its own UI I'm sure it will be smooth as true multi-tasking has still not been added and Apple optimizes their hardware to run optimally on whatever their newsest flagship device that year is.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Meh, it's not exciting, but it's going to be hugely successful anyway. Watch now as suddenly awareness of LTE will go up, along with the surprise of the Apple faithful that they weren't the first on the block to get it.

As for it looking the same... well, that's one of the pratfalls of closed architecture. On one hand, that strategy allowed them to put out a polished product out of the gate several years ago. On the other hand, it stifles creativity and flexibility compared the Android.

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
Its funny how critical everyone one becomes when a new Phone is released that is not an Android product. I think it will be a great phone. Does it have the highest specs of any phone, or did it take apple a while to get 4G LTE, yup. However, people are going to pile in the stores to get this device. For one it is much better than they 4S many already have.

Where I work we have a choice cellular program. Meaning you can go get the cell phone and service you want and then get reimbursed. I would say 80% of the phones are Iphones. I couple of us have Androids and a couple have Black berries because they don't know any better.

The iphones are smooth and always will be. I like my Bionic and have not had a lot of the connection issues or any other issues most have had with them. Once in a while it seems slow to connect but usually I just repower and its fine. I don't know what I will get next but I do like Motorola because they usually have strong signal quality on the cell band.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its funny how critical everyone one becomes when a new Phone is released that is not an Android product. I think it will be a great phone. Does it have the highest specs of any phone, or did it take apple a while to get 4G LTE, yup. However, people are going to pile in the stores to get this device. For one it is much better than they 4S many already have.

Most polls that have been taken show 4s owners are the least likely of any current iPhone owners to upgrade to the iPhone 5. Unless they're going to make use of LTE then there's really no need. As iOS is pretty much hardware-optimized 4s owners shouldn't experience any issues with iOS 6 on their phones, all the apps should still work, and most of the new features should work without issue as well so what is their incentive to upgrade? If they have an eligible line, sure, why not, as they'll get they're money back when they sell their 4s, but it's definitely not worth an ETF or paying full retail just for a streched screen and faster data if you won't utilize it.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
missionimprobable said:
most polls that have been taken show 4s owners are the least likely of any current iphone owners to upgrade to the iphone 5. Unless they're going to make use of lte then there's really no need. As ios is pretty much hardware-optimized 4s owners shouldn't experience any issues with ios 6 on their phones, all the apps should still work, and most of the new features should work without issue as well so what is their incentive to upgrade? If they have an eligible line, sure, why not, as they'll get they're money back when they sell their 4s, but it's definitely not worth an etf or paying full retail just for a streched screen and faster data if you won't utilize it.
^this

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
Most polls that have been taken show 4s owners are the least likely of any current iPhone owners to upgrade to the iPhone 5. Unless they're going to make use of LTE then there's really no need. As iOS is pretty much hardware-optimized 4s owners shouldn't experience any issues with iOS 6 on their phones, all the apps should still work, and most of the new features should work without issue as well so what is their incentive to upgrade? If they have an eligible line, sure, why not, as they'll get they're money back when they sell their 4s, but it's definitely not worth an ETF or paying full retail just for a streched screen and faster data if you won't utilize it.

True. I would not upgrade unless I was eligible for an upgrade at the with plan price of $199 and I doubt too many would pay the full price just to upgrade. I am sure as people become eligible they will be updated. The 4G LTE is worth it alone. I am not eligible for an upgrade until June. Then I will have to see what hot new phone is available or I may try an iphone. I do use mac mail and safari all the time on my macbook pro so syncing calendars, mail, mp3 and what not through icloud would be a nice feature. I am not that impressed with Gmail which android forces us to use.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
No 4G alone is not worth it alone. It only matters in downloads and YouTube. Getting on Facebook, twitter, gplus and just surfing is fine on 3G. Other than that 4G is a little overrated or Verizon's 4G isn't all that. Especially compared to Canada from what I've heard.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Paul_Aris said:
Its funny how critical everyone one becomes when a new Phone is released that is not an Android product.

Untrue. Read through the threads in this forum. I was critical of both the razr and the Samsung nexus when they came out & thus I ended up with the rezound. Neither of those are bad phones, but there are many things that they could have done better. I was critical of Motorola for being late to the party and finally releasing an hd phone 9 months after all other big android developers had released at least one hd phone (and most had released 2!).

This site has its share of clueless fanboys just like any other site, but most of the regular posters are pretty knowledgeable and not afraid to call out a poor design. And while the i5 is a step up for apple users, it unfortunately is mostly 6-9 month old technology which makes knowledgeable smartphone users go meh and makes power users say 'give me a break'.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I used to love the anticipation of the iPhone keynotes because I knew that they were always releasing something groundbreaking and exciting. Both the 4S and now iPhone 5 launches have been mundane, with only minor updates and software features that are no longer first to the market.

Yes, Apple hit a great spot with the iPhone and iOS, and it's working very well for them. However, the look and function of the OS has remained relatively unchanged since it came out in what, 2007? Give it another year or two, and if Apple doesn't start innovating again they are going to lose market share faster and faster.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have no idea from where you're getting your spec data. Apple says you can browse for 8 hours on 3G; There's no way you're going to get that long on 4GLTE. Apple's been rather vague and I can find no mAh rating for the iphone5's battery.

The RazrMAX is pretty much the undisputed king of 4G run time. Your iphone 5 isn't going to even come close.

Besides, I'm a little suspicious when the only two posts you've ever made have been to praise a phone you've not even held in your hand.

I seen a pic of the iPhone 5 run times...and it does list 8 hours for LTE web browsing. The RAZR Maxx might be between 5-6 hours. BUT....talk time goes to the Maxx by a country mile. I think overall....the Maxx has better battery life.

iPhone 5 battery stats:
AnandTech - The iPhone 5's A6 SoC: Not A15 or A9, a Custom Apple Core Instead

RAZR Maxx battery stats:
AnandTech - Bench - Smartphone11
Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX specs

Talk time, stand by time, wifi web browsing goes to the Maxx. LTE web browsing goes to the iPhone 5. 3G web browsing is a tie. Thats if all these numbers are accurate. I trust Anandtech and Phone Arena numbers. The U.S. GS3 so far is listed as the best Android phone for LTE web browsing between 6-7 hours...I have a feeling the Maxx HD will beat that.

Which makes me wonder how Apple can get 8 hours LTE browsing for the iPhone 5....and fall short everywhere else... And 3G browsing to be similar. Maybe no Flash? lol.

And I just noticed something...the GS3 is running at 1.5 Ghz. Under clock it to what the iPhone 5 is running at and maybe it will be 8 hours too......assuming the iPhone 5 is running lower than 1.5.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
...Which makes me wonder how Apple can get 8 hours LTE browsing for the iPhone 5....and fall short everywhere else... And 3G browsing to be similar...

I agree; I find this to be extremely suspicious. If Apple is correct on this, I'd sure like to know how the iphone5 is the ONLY LTE phone in existence that has the same battery drainage for LTE as 3G.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I seen a pic of the iPhone 5 run times...and it does list 8 hours for LTE web browsing. The RAZR Maxx might be between 5-6 hours. BUT....talk time goes to the Maxx by a country mile. I think overall....the Maxx has better battery life.

iPhone 5 battery stats:
AnandTech - The iPhone 5's A6 SoC: Not A15 or A9, a Custom Apple Core Instead

RAZR Maxx battery stats:
AnandTech - Bench - Smartphone11
Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX specs

Talk time, stand by time, wifi web browsing goes to the Maxx. LTE web browsing goes to the iPhone 5. 3G web browsing is a tie. Thats if all these numbers are accurate. I trust Anandtech and Phone Arena numbers. The U.S. GS3 so far is listed as the best Android phone for LTE web browsing between 6-7 hours...I have a feeling the Maxx HD will beat that.

Which makes me wonder how Apple can get 8 hours LTE browsing for the iPhone 5....and fall short everywhere else... And 3G browsing to be similar. Maybe no Flash? lol.

And I just noticed something...the GS3 is running at 1.5 Ghz. Under clock it to what the iPhone 5 is running at and maybe it will be 8 hours too......assuming the iPhone 5 is running lower than 1.5.
Get out of here with your logic and facts. This thread is about inane banter and baseless claims =p

jseah

Reaction score
I agree; I find this to be extremely suspicious. If Apple is correct on this, I'd sure like to know how the iphone5 is the ONLY LTE phone in existence that has the same battery drainage for LTE as 3G.

Because they're Apple, and they probably have a patent on that now. If any other company improves on their LTE battery life, they'll be sued.

jayman350

Reaction score

maybe its b/c of the messed up way that they handle voice/data? seeing as how the i5 is the only VZW LTE phone out there that can't do simultaneous voice and data there has to be something different about how its being handled (1 chip for both?)