Dont Sing it - BRING IT!

armeddroid

Reaction score
Nah, Romple is correct. Apple and Android aren't the first competitors to bite at each other's heels. Good rivals always instigate, it's what has been driving technology for centuries. I am by no means an Apple fan, in all honesty all their proprietary software and hardware sickens me, yet I'm still very impressed with their product(s) and advertising. As long as Apple keeps getting better, so will Android; it's a win win for everyone, whether you're an Apple fan, Android fan, or both.

I agree. I hope Apple comes out with a good phone. That just drives the competition.
Would i be interested in an Iphone 4.0? Sure..provided its a great phone.
I am not an APPLE hater...i give them credit where its due.
Thas it.
So..i am going to watch the event..just because..i love technology as a whole and not biased on who is pushing it.
Love my Droid, I will wait for 2.2(official) and I will keep going with the flow of technology as it comes.
Thas just me tho.
:D

Cole119

Reaction score
My guess is that it will have the rumored 960x640 resolution and be powered by the 1 GHz A4 chip that is in the iPad.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it weren't for iPhone competition we'd still all be using WM6! We should all be excited to see what Apple rolls out. Hopefully it'll raise the bar more.

Enough said. I mentioned awhile back about capacitive screens on cellphones. Someone said Apple didnt invent capacitive screens, they just made it popular on cellphones.

There u go.

I dont like Apple products, I dont like the direction Apple/Steve Jobs is going in/has been going in, but I give credit where credit is due.

Now with that said.....Apple has to do a WHOLE lot to ever make me wanna switch from Android. If Android was never put on a phone and the iPhone came to Verizon? I woulda jumped on the iPhone in a heartbeat.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I
I honestly would CONSIDER buying it if it came to Verizon but other than that no way Jose.

I know one thing for sure is he wont be announcing Flash 10.1 for the iPhone lmao.

If it came to VZW I would be saying goodbye to my Droid. Had an iPHone before, had to leave ATT for VZW. Im an Apple user and love Apples products. I loved my iPhone and hated to have to give it up. I do really like Android and it has a very bright future, but until this fragmentation of the market is cleared up and the market is sorted out it will never seriously challenge the iPhone I dont think.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know some folks drooling over the new iphone. I pull out my droid and say there is one thing your iphone will never be able to do....
Then I showed them flash. I go now dont that make you mad that you about to pay all that money for a new device that do not do what this 7 month old device can do. Oh well continue on with your drooling.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I guess Im the only one that doesnt give a crap about flash???

probably, I am sure you have some more people who are with you on that. Oh Steve Jobs don't "give a crap about flash".

Some of us care for it, others don't. Do not take all this serious. If any one choose to go iphone when (if) it comes to vzw then get it. Its a nice device. I liked it when I had it. Personally I am more for android. But for each his own. My bro sends me screen shots of all the things he do with his jailbroken iphone. I send him my stuff. Its a phone, whether you prefer an iphone or android, it does not change your status in life.
Those that decide to get an iphone I would like to see some screen shots of all the customization you did with it. Chat it up about some of the cool apps. Its all good, competition is good for both companies. And I am sure Steve Jobs, google, htc, motorola, and all other android cell phone providers, care nothing about any of us except our money. If you can't pay your bills, or you get laid off neither will come to see how you are doing. So I am not gonna put a device on a pedestal.
I choose the device I prefer. I can care less about what some one else get. Now for those of my iphone friends that like to pull out their iphone and run smack, I have smack that I throw back at them. I do not go to every person on the street with an iphone and say "hey that thing is crap, get an android."

hairdewx

Reaction score
My guess is that it will have the rumored 960x640 resolution and be powered by the 1 GHz A4 chip that is in the iPad.

The same hardware as the iPad makes the most sense, since they want the apps to be usable on both platforms.

I would also say they will add a front camera to the iPhone, which then will be a "new" feature on the future iPad ver2 to keep things on the same usability level.

R

Romple

The same hardware as the iPad makes the most sense, since they want the apps to be usable on both platforms.

I would also say they will add a front camera to the iPhone, which then will be a "new" feature on the future iPad ver2 to keep things on the same usability level.

They couldn't add a front camera to the iPhone 4g. that'd make it different from the 3gs and 3g and older iphones and then there'd be OMFG FRAGMENTATION......

;-p

hbah427

Reaction score
Aren't regular iPhone apps going to look really bad on the 960x640 display?

FRAGMENTATION anyone?

R

Romple

Watching engadget's live blog. Looks pretty good so far. :icon_eek:

hbah427

Reaction score

Finally, the iPhone is trying to play catchup to everyone else.
While we have the Droid Incredible, Nexus One, Evo 4G and Droid (Overclocked) running at 1GHz+, the iPhone now has a 1GHz processor.

APPLE IS SO INNOVATIVE!!!1!!ONE!

R

Romple

While we have the Droid Incredible, Nexus One, Evo 4G and Droid (Overclocked) running at 1GHz+, the iPhone now has a 1GHz processor.

That display is pretty nuts. Commence flames.

hairdewx

Reaction score

That display is pretty nuts. Commence flames.

The display IS pretty nuts for a small screen. And older apps would look the same way they do on an iPad.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Flash doesnt make or break my browsing experinence at all, especially on a phone. I guess the sites I visit dont need it or I just dont notice.