Don't return your phone to VZW by mistake - Verizon say's you won't get it back -

cpjr

Reaction score
This is no different than anybody else. Who would want something to be returned after it's sold ;)

Except anywhere else (to my knowledge) when you try and return something you get to keep your merchandise if it is deemed unreturnable

Sent from where the mountains meet the desert

I was talking about Apple, not Verizon ;) responding to the post before mine.

Firewing

Reaction score
in northern cali, where the desert and the mountai
This is no different than anybody else. Who would want something to be returned after it's sold ;)

Except anywhere else (to my knowledge) when you try and return something you get to keep your merchandise if it is deemed unreturnable

I was talking about Apple, not Verizon ;) responding to the post before mine.

Duh...*blush* :)

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm a little confused. When you (lets say) walk into your Verizon store to return you're device after the 14 day limit, would not the verizon employee tell you that its after you're 14 days and not accept the return?

So if most likely they won't even accept the return, what kind of scenario of returning a device is Verizon protecting itself from?

Last edited:

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Paid lawyer = Get out if anything! Lol And as far as Judge Judy, etc..that crap is just reality tv. All staged and I would not believe any judgement off that show!

TinGodz

Reaction score
I'm zSwashbuckler from Android.net, just for the record.

While it's obvious that it doesn't make sense to return something after the return period has expired, I posted this because I found it hilarious that VZW felt the need to even include this in their policy. If you return something after the return period, you are technically giving it away at that point. So it definitely makes sense. Why did VZW feel the need to highlight this, though? That doesn't make sense.

I just chalk it up as a good laugh.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Paid lawyer = Get out if anything! Lol And as far as Judge Judy, etc..that crap is just reality tv. All staged and I would not believe any judgement off that show!

It's small claims. All an attorney would do is send a letter. And really that means nothing.

Katnipthief

Reaction score
The before mentioned wookie defense is the answer. So is common sense. Our stupid and weak need to be weeded out, have u seen idiocracy? I believe if someone is dumb enough to return their phone blindly after 14 days, they'll also be dumb enough to Not notice they didn't get refund for it.

Now, if this issue was taken to customer service, customer could say, oops I can't afford to lose phone could I just have phone back and ill keep your service for the 2 years, and I'm sure Verizon will agree. Their new policy is to keep us honest and paying for the term of contract.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

While it's obvious that it doesn't make sense to return something after the return period has expired, I posted this because I found it hilarious that VZW felt the need to even include this in their policy. If you return something after the return period, you are technically giving it away at that point. So it definitely makes sense. Why did VZW feel the need to highlight this, though? That doesn't make sense.

Wait, that's not what they are saying. And none of you people really seem to get it.

The disputed point is right in the title of the thread. Don't return your phone to VZW by mistake - you won't get it back. Now for the third time in this thread I ask you. How do you return a phone by mistake? You don't. You drop a phone by mistake. Pick up someone else's phone by mistake. You go down the wrong road by mistake. But you do not return a phone by mistake.

I know a fact that people would do this. Change their minds and say, well I didn't meant to do it, it was a mistake or yeah after I thought about it I realized it was a mistake. Too bad, so sad. You turned it in, that was no mistake when you did it. VZW is simply covering their butt.

Katnipthief

Reaction score

It might be TV, but judge Judy is actually a real judge and her rulings are legally binding.

In old days a punch in the face solved most disputes. today the weak need judge Judy. We're in a Sue happy lamist world

TinGodz

Reaction score

Wait, that's not what they are saying. And none of you people really seem to get it.

The disputed point is right in the title of the thread. Don't return your phone to VZW by mistake - you won't get it back. Now for the third time in this thread I ask you. How do you return a phone by mistake? You don't. You drop a phone by mistake. Pick up someone else's phone by mistake. You go down the wrong road by mistake. But you do not return a phone by mistake.

I know a fact that people would do this. Change their minds and say, well I didn't meant to do it, it was a mistake or yeah after I thought about it I realized it was a mistake. Too bad, so sad. You turned it in, that was no mistake when you did it. VZW is simply covering their butt.

Uh.. that is EXACTLY what they are saying. If you read what is on their website and the OP, it says "If you return your merchandise, even by mistake . . ."

Note the "even by mistake" which declares that even if you do not return the phone "by mistake" you will not be getting it back. Either way, my original post makes sense whether or not there is a mistake involved. Not sure where your post even came from.

Last edited:

warrior21

Reaction score
Ok, I'm a little confused. When you (lets say) walk into your Verizon store to return you're device after the 14 day limit, would not the verizon employee tell you that its after you're 14 days and not accept the return?

So if most likely they won't even accept the return, what kind of scenario of returning a device is Verizon protecting itself from?

I guess it's for people that purchase their phones online and then sending them back in the mail. The only time I have purchased my phone online is if I am 100% sure it's the phone I want. I prefer to go into the store and make sure of my purchase and the verizon employee would notify you of the return policy at that time. If you tried to return it after the 14 days you would just be denied.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Uh.. that is EXACTLY what they are saying. If you read what is on their website and the OP, it says "If you return your merchandise, even by mistake . . ."

Note the "even by mistake" which declares that even if you do not return the phone "by mistake" you will not be getting it back. Either way, my original post makes sense whether or not there is a mistake involved. Not sure where your post even came from.

That's why I said something about it.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
I will agree with those that say you simply cannot return a phone by mistake. That is about as stupid as anyone who does it. Our nation ia full of stupid people but ignorance is not an excuse. Like people who break the law and say oh I didnt know that was illegal well it dont change the fact u commited the crime and should be punished.

me4droid

Reaction score
Here's my take on the issue. When you MAIL in your phone to return it, I think it goes to a clearing house of sorts that Verizon has lesser control of the hardware. Why do I think this? Here's what happened to me:

Son has feature phone that stopped working. Called and they sent us a new phone. It seemed to work OK, so boxed up old phone and dropped in FedEx mail box for return with verizon FedEx label. Realized his micro SD card was in the old phone. Immediately called Verizon and their answer was "nope, there's no way we can get that SD card back to you".

So, I think they all go to some clearing house type situation where it gets logged that you returned the phone, but then the phone is effectively "gone" and there's no way to retrieve it, perhaps because they have no tracking of individual hardware once it's logged as returned.

Good News: FedEx saved the day--I went to the box before it was emptied and waited for the pick-up person. They returned my box to me, no questions asked. I got the SD card out and re-sent the package. At least FedEx was helpful and had a solution when I called them.