Dolphin update deals final blow!

romanrish

Reaction score
I would like to get other's opinion on this.

When I first got the droid I was about 80/20 stock browser vs dolphin.

As time went by and more and more updates from dolphin developers I became about 90 percent dolphin.

With the latest update I may never use the stock browser again. The new UI is sick, it is so fast. Every annoyance that made me go back to the stock browser on occasion for certain things is gone.

I just want to give a major congrats to the team that continues to improve this wonderful app. They could have got a billion downloads of the original just because of the pinch to zoom capability, but they were set on improving the product over and over again.

Thoughts...

Last edited:

dberthia

Reaction score
I've been going back and forth with my browsers. At various times I use the stock browser, Dolphin and xScope. At the moment, I prefer xScope, but in reality I'm just biding my time until Firefox for Android is released. I'm guessing that's what I'll be using exclusively as my primary browser eventually.

kylo77

Reaction score
Dolphin all the way...maybe the 2.1 browser will be more functional???

vtrider159

Reaction score
I just updated Dolphin and haven't used it yet, but I often switch between the oem and dolphin although I do like the Dolphin a bit better. I wonder if it will be my default browser since this last update? Time will tell.

alucardx

Reaction score
one of the comments on the market for the new dolphin upgrade is that there's ads now, is this not true?

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
I've only used Dolphin for a very short period of time. In what ways is it better than the default Milestone browser?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't like Dolphin. It seemed slow and unresponsive to me. But keep in mind I'm 57 years old so change doesn't come easy.:)

vtrider159

Reaction score
Fennec is supposedly a mobile version of firefox right? That would be great.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been going back and forth with my browsers. At various times I use the stock browser, Dolphin and xScope. At the moment, I prefer xScope, but in reality I'm just biding my time until Firefox for Android is released. I'm guessing that's what I'll be using exclusively as my primary browser eventually.

Same here. The odd thing about Dolphin is that when I was on the Google page it couldn't find my location, unlike the stock browser and xScope.

OP
R

romanrish

Reaction score
If you only have tried dolphin for a short while in the past. I suggest try it again since the update. If there are any ads it might be one on the home google search screen, but I can't recall. My favorite thing about dolphin is the continued improvement despite a lack of competition. The response of the latest update is awesome, and the ui is much improved. For those who haven't used in a while give it a go and come back and comment. It is like a completly different animal.

qoncept

Reaction score
I've tried Dolphin a couple times, most recently a few days ago. My friend with an iPhone insists pinch zoom is the ONLY way to use a mobile browser. I tried it in Dolphin and it didn't work well enough to even consider useful and I uninstalled it again.