How about a little assistance with stock browser?

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been using Dolphin broswer since pretty much when I got my phone. Someone posted a poll about which browser was people's favorite. After some good feedback on the stock browser I thought I'd give it a try for a while (especially since it has pinch zoom-out now). However, I can't do crap with it without it opening the dolphin browser.

For example, home page is google. I search "droid forums" and hit the search button and Dolphin opens up and heads to the results. I punch in marincarservice.com and it goes there, but click one of the page links there, and it opens Dolphin.

I've turned off the default option in Dolphin.

Any thoughts?

bobfinn

Reaction score
I had the same problem. After screwing with this for a while, I finally just uninstalled Dolphin.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been using Dolphin broswer since pretty much when I got my phone. Someone posted a poll about which browser was people's favorite. After some good feedback on the stock browser I thought I'd give it a try for a while (especially since it has pinch zoom-out now). However, I can't do crap with it without it opening the dolphin browser.

For example, home page is google. I search "droid forums" and hit the search button and Dolphin opens up and heads to the results. I punch in marincarservice.com and it goes there, but click one of the page links there, and it opens Dolphin.

I've turned off the default option in Dolphin.

Any thoughts?

You remind me of a biker_guy I used to know! :D Try this, if you haven't already:

1. go to settings
2. click on applications
3. click manage applications
4. hit menu button
5. choose filter
6. select all
7. scroll through untill you find the Dolphin browser
8. click on it and below cache there is a launch by default where you can clear the defaults you have set for that app

Hope that helps!

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem. After screwing with this for a while, I finally just uninstalled Dolphin.

I almost put in the OP that I didn't want to uninstall Dolphin as I can't believe that is the only option.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
If anyone's interested, the solution seems to be, you go in to home>settings>manage applications scroll to dolphin browser, click, and click "clear defaults".

Thanks for visiting :)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rather than remembering this as the fix specifically for Dolphin, try to remember Settings>Manage Applications as where you need to go to clear defaults for any app. The browser isn't the only app that you can specify a default for.

schellbl

Reaction score
In the stock browser, can we set it to "desktop" mode instead of mobile?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
In the stock browser, can we set it to "desktop" mode instead of mobile?

Yeah, but it won't stick if you restart the browser. Go to about:debug in stock browser to make extra settings visible. But, I recommend dolphin. Once u get used to some quirks it is fast and renders well. Double clicking the screen to view the tab bar is one of the odd things.

Xscope-was good but now has rendering issues and can be laggy
Steel-no zoom? No updates
Opera-buggy beta but great on some sites and very fast. Bonus: allows uploads (like when you need to browse for a profile pic on your device for upload)
Stock-no tabs,no sticky desktop user agent(I wonder if that can be an app)