Dolphin update deals final blow!

rudely

Reaction score
I like the newest Dolphin updates, but I also use the Opera mini beta, its great, as I'm used to Opera from my old winmo cell.

M

Matth3w

I've tried Dolphin several times, and just can't seem to "click" with it. I really like the stock browser so will stick with that one. I still hold out hope for the firefox browser, but hope is fading....fading...fading....rising...fading.
I hate Dolphin. But I use the browser to surf these forums a lot and the Milestone browser sucks for typing on a vB message board (keyboard lag). So I pick Dolphin over xScope, which is the most disgusting looking browser on Earth. I think my first smartphone might have had a better looking browser than that.

mikespe

Reaction score
This last update might be the one that takes me back to the stock browser. Having to uninstall without being able to backup my bookmarks first is not acceptable in my book. I really don't understand WHY we have to completely uninstall then reinstall the program to update. I have a TON of bookmarks and the only way to back them up is with Google Bookmarks...but that means having to go to each and every site and put them in to Google Bookmarks manually. I don't have the time to do all that. I wonder how Opera Mini is compared to xscope or Dolphin...

Chatchie

Reaction score
Dolphin is super laggy and choppy. Pinch zoom is pointless if it isnt smooth, always pinching in and out.

M

Matth3w

I've never had a choppy problem on Dolphin to be honest. I just don't like all the bloat.

famac!

Reaction score
I had to delete Dolphin last week. It was starting to "take over" too much. I would open the default browser and type in a URL only to see Dolphin open up and take me to that website. WTF!!

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Dolphin is super laggy and choppy. Pinch zoom is pointless if it isnt smooth, always pinching in and out.

I often have a problem that when I pinch zoom in and try to scroll down it zooms back out!

I like many of the features in dolphin, but I wish there was something... cleaner, smoother.

I don't care for the other browsers so I stick with dolphin.

M

Matth3w

I just downloaded Steele which is nice...doesn't have multi touch but it's a nice cross between Dolphin and xScope.

garyiden

Reaction score
URL bar

When Dolphin is opened, I cannot "see" the URL bar. It appears when a web site is loading, then disappears. I like seeing it and being able to type directly into it. Is there a setting I'm missing?

thanks;
gary

mikespe

Reaction score
I emailed the developer about 3 days ago about not being able to back up my bookmarks and still haven't heard back from him. I guess he doesn't care about keeping a good rating...

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When Dolphin is opened, I cannot "see" the URL bar. It appears when a web site is loading, then disappears. I like seeing it and being able to type directly into it. Is there a setting I'm missing?

thanks;
gary

I just set a gesture for "Go", an upside down "V" works for me. I think it should show when you double tap the screen, but thats just me.

xandor

Reaction score
My only problem with Dolphin (ok, it might not be with Dolphin) is that it can't seem to keep itself as the default browser. I've uninstalled, wiped all Dolphin data and reinstalled to no effect.

Diordna

Reaction score
My only problem with Dolphin (ok, it might not be with Dolphin) is that it can't seem to keep itself as the default browser. I've uninstalled, wiped all Dolphin data and reinstalled to no effect.

You check it to be the default browser??

Like when you switch to dolphin or default it gives you an option of what browser you want to use for this action, and before you hit the dolphin one you push the check thing and then click dolphin.